Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my "c" has about 6000 miles on it ive had the swoosh swoosh swoosh noise from the beginning in my breaks..i hear it when i leave somewhere and windows are open it seems to come from rear end..1st visit they said it was my backing plate and they had to order the part that was on11/18 so on 12/17 i bring it back for 3000 mile service and they replaced the bent backing plate but the tec said that he still hears the noise and that give a few thousand miles to see if the noise goes away.so i say ok ill give it till next service which was at 6000 this was done on 1/19 and ill quote what they said"coustmer states thath there is a rubbin noise coust hears noise in front road tested and we heard noise from rear,removed left rear wheel and rotor.cleaned and e-brake shoes resured road tested verry slight noise.we test drove two other cars same noise was heard"..so i said what are you saying to me?they said there is nothing more they would do and that noise was normal...i said then its time to start the lemon law right now because i didnt spend 40g's to drive off with a swoosh swoosh noise.i can tell you that is has something to do with the e brake cause even if i put slight pressure on the break the swoosh swoosh dosent go away..so the service mang. says that his regional rep only comes every so often and he wont be comming back till end of month.i can tell you this they will fix this problem or i will go all out at all cost's to go through the lemon law..anyone else have any problems with this noise? any suggestions on how to handle these people?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thought I was the only one...I too hear noise coming from my brakes...thought it was my 22's but it occurs when I lightly apply my brakes. Not sure if its the pads and/or rotors or something major...I have my 3k maintenance coming up soon and will inform them about it. I'll need to remove my wheels and hook up the stocks before hand so that they do not blame the noise on the wheels. Stay tuned...I wonder if the noise will continue once I install the stock?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Not to flame, but if you DO pursue this through more formal channels, PLEASE help your case out by using 'brakes' throughout the correspondence...not 'breaks'.

Just trying to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts