Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this be done? I currently own a 2005 Chrysler 300C with 53,422 miles on it... I have the 7yr/70K powertrain and an 8yr/80K mile Added Care Warranty... Since I'm realizing that Added Care doesn't cover a darn thing, I'm thinking of upgrading to Max Care... Can this be done? Through who? What are my options?

My vehicle is currently in the shop again for repairs that were intially made under warranty. Now it is having the same issues, but the current warranty doesn't cover it... I called Chrysler, and they told me where to go! Great customer service. This is after they intially were going to buy back the vehicle, then opted not to. They said they would cover repairs on a case by case basis... I should've figured that was a lie!

I have over 5 pages of documented repairs to this vehicle... Many of them repeat issues, including these ones that it is currently in for. I just can't believe it, but I can!

The things that are NOT being covered are...

The sunroof rattles... Dealership said that it is the track cables... About $50 each, but labor will cost big time!

The vehicle continues to pull hard to the right... This issue has been unresolved since 32K miles... The dealership thinks that a frame cradle adjustment would work, but labor would cost!

Whistling noise being heard along the top of windshield. This has been looked at over 5 times by a previous dealership... They finally fixed it under a TSB I had to give them... The noise is now back. The new dealership wants to place a sealant along the top of the windshield, which will cost.

The dealership feels my pain and can't believe Chrysler isn't covering these items... What would you do?

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Sure would be nice... But I don't think I make all the requirements of that... Unless you know something I don't?
Lemon laws vary from state to state; but I doubt that a 3 year old car with over 50,000 miles on it would fall under any state's "lemon law" jurisdiction.

You probably can upgrade to "Max Care"; you would talk to a dealership finance manager; they are the ones who sell extended warranties.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lemon law might not help here, but a phone call to the local news agency might do the trick. If you sat down with a news investigator and show the history with the car while under warranty, they might be able to motivate someone in the Chrysler management chain to look further into your situation. Just another possible suggestion.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Can this be done? I currently own a 2005 Chrysler 300C with 53,422 miles on it... I have the 7yr/70K powertrain and an 8yr/80K mile Added Care Warranty... Since I'm realizing that Added Care doesn't cover a darn thing, I'm thinking of upgrading to Max Care... Can this be done? Through who? What are my options?

My vehicle is currently in the shop again for repairs that were intially made under warranty. Now it is having the same issues, but the current warranty doesn't cover it... I called Chrysler, and they told me where to go! Great customer service. This is after they intially were going to buy back the vehicle, then opted not to. They said they would cover repairs on a case by case basis... I should've figured that was a lie!

I have over 5 pages of documented repairs to this vehicle... Many of them repeat issues, including these ones that it is currently in for. I just can't believe it, but I can!

The things that are NOT being covered are...

The sunroof rattles... Dealership said that it is the track cables... About $50 each, but labor will cost big time!

The vehicle continues to pull hard to the right... This issue has been unresolved since 32K miles... The dealership thinks that a frame cradle adjustment would work, but labor would cost!

Whistling noise being heard along the top of windshield. This has been looked at over 5 times by a previous dealership... They finally fixed it under a TSB I had to give them... The noise is now back. The new dealership wants to place a sealant along the top of the windshield, which will cost.

The dealership feels my pain and can't believe Chrysler isn't covering these items... What would you do?
I say cut your losses and sell your vehicle. You obviously purchased a used car with higher mileage and apparently inherited some of its problems.

I find it difficult to believe that a customer service agent would tell you where to go. Still, the majority of your posts in various threads are anti-Chrysler this and that. You're preaching to the choir and it's obviously not getting you anywhere. It's disheartening to constantly see your large, opinionated signature.

As a forum of enthusiasts, we can only do so much to empathize and assist you. The negativity you portray is beginning to fall on deaf ears around here.
If you insist on keeping this troubled vehicle, then it's time for you to seek legal counsel as mentioned by others and go from there.

I sincerely hope you ultimately find that happy median.
bruno

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Still, the majority of your posts in various threads are anti-Chrysler this and that. You're preaching to the choir and it's obviously not getting you anywhere. It's disheartening to constantly see your large, opinionated signature.

bruno
Thank you for noticing!!!

Bernie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts