Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
only 3 days to go - update "its here" !!!!!

after wating since just after christmas, my new 300c CRD saloon in mineral grey with no options arrives on saturday.

I am going to keep it pure stock and change nothing, just drive it and clean it !

I waited for the 08 reg because it gave me 2 months more to save a bit more money and also I have never had a new car in my life and I thought it would be nice to have a new reg.

anyone else getting delivery of a new one on saturday? suprisingly the dealer told me that I am the only one at the dealership, he said most people were getting theirs on monday and during the week

regards

elpirata

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Mandatory photos on delivery, Elpirata!! We want to see it - take it that it is still the 07 model though? This is the worst part now - those last few days. All of us on here will testify to that. Still now is the time to get the teeth whitened as by Sunday you will be flashing the biggest grin in your life.
Cheers John

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Hope all goes well with the new delivery, elpirata. You'll like the colour!
Don't forget to check you have the correct manuals and a spare key.

·
Registered
266 Posts
... Happy Motoring Elpirata :arms: ... maybe give those North London shopping centre car parks :scared: a miss for the first couple of days?! .... cheers. John W

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Congratulations on the new CRD! Sure... we believe you will keep it totally stock and never change a thing! Maybe you will... more likely you won't!

Please share pix when you can.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The smile you will have on your face when you drive out of the dealership is a once only!

Best feeling in the world. Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
OK, when you read this you should have the car and be back from the dealership - so initial comments and first photos NOW!! :) Seriously though - give us your reaction now it is all yours.
And of course congratulations on your new car - you have chosen probably the best colour - it is smart and it doesn't show the dirt so what more could you ask for. :fing02:
Cheers John

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well thanks for your interest guys, just back from dealership,driven it about 15 miles and as predicted I am grinning and not likely to stop for a while, in fact I keep going to the window to look at it.

First thoughts - better than i remember it, although i did hire a HEMI last year in the US and loved it at the time so should not be suprised.

Performance - effortless even with me deliberately not booting it, and not having gone over 3000rpm in accordance with running instructions from honestjohn.co.uk

Ride quality - smooth and silky. refinement is high feels like a £50-£60k motor to me

Handling - difficult to assess, as I have not done more than 60 yet and was constantly in traffic

Interior quality, better than I remember, dont know why people moan about it, I dont think hard plastics are automatically bad if they are nice hard plastics.

Wow factor -High, I am in norfolk at the moment and this is not a normal car round here, ruuberneckers were evident on the way home.

2 photos to see what I mean, they were taken with my phone so are not exactly Leica quality, but you get the idea.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/elpirataabz/DSC00146.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Elpirata, Looks good - only one criticism - I don't see your 300C Forums logo on display :) Yes, I know it is on the dealer's forecourt but that is really a very poor excuse after Derek putting in all the work to create the logo. :) Thought I had better put in a 2nd smiley in case you thought I was serious.
Did you get a good run through the features by the salesman and shown the Easter Egg etc? Or were you more or less left to your own devices. I reckon it will take you a day or two to get the car set up as you want it - but keep grinning - you are now part of the clan!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
hey mr watsonofearnock,

logo going in almost immediately :):)

salesman was good, he was going to give me the whole this is what every control does handover, but I said to him that I would be happy if he just showed me the important stuff and not how to do the obvious stuff.

so I felt the balance was right, I was also surprised that I put the full cost of the car through on the debit card and no security checks were requested by the bank !

when he opened the bonnet to show me the engine I just said "wow" and meant it, it really is an impressive unit.

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
623 Posts
What a cracking car, love the colour. Probably better to get one before the 08 version as the changes apart from the mygig system aren't for the best IMO. Was shocked to see the stumpy aerial thingy, the stupidly shaped rear tail with the integrated brake light and the body coloured mirrors and door handles. What's all that about ???? Maybe I just have a thing about chrome ....

I may swap back to a standard grille, as the Bentley type in their various guises are getting a bit too common and the standard one will look more exclusive :). Will need to get one off Ebay!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi El,
Sounds like you had a good change-over with the right amount of demo and an easy payment transaction. I know it probably works out at around every three years but every time I have bought a car the payment has been requested a different way - from cash to bankers draft and this time when I bought mine it was like you - by Debit Card - made for an easier life.
Cheers and enjoy your new car - see if you get some sleep tonight!!
John P.S. Now you have your car you can be a bit less formal - I'll even let you call me John <grin>

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
hey mr pimp,

I bet you look the business down union street in yours !

personally I am glad I have this version, as I saw the facelift version brochure today and I really dont like the new standard wheels as well as the woody bits and cupholders, not sure about the aerial, but I like the idea of a dark interior as I think mine is too light really. but I am so happy with the paint color, i was undecided originally between the grey and midnight blue, but deff happy I went the grey way

hey john,

no sleep tonight i think, still looking out the window every 1/2 hour or so

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Lovely car, elpirata and welcome to the clan. as aptly put by John.
I think the parking bay number bodes well. In Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Deep Thought computer was asked to come up with the Ultimate Answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe and Everything. After 7.5 million years it came up with the answer: 42.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Elpirata man!
Love the colour:cool: glad your happy with the car as you have waited long enough now and it's time to enjoy.

I agree with the 08 comments and Da pimp's on the grille its weird that almost every 300C has the Startech / Bentley grille, i just left mine alone too.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the feedback, had it a week now done 500 miles, running in as per honestjohn.

everybody who sees it comments on it, guy parked near to me in sainsburys (at the farthest farthest corner from the door) in his Jaguar XKR, just said "nice car" as he walked past !

living with it - getting used to back streets now with parked cars on both sides and not enough room for 2 lanes, not as big as it felt on the first day.

boot is actually quite a lot smaller than an octavia which seems incredible, but it is.

fuel consumption 30mpg, but that is with a lot of running around town, so not to bad.

turning circle - dont know what you guys are talking about because it seems alright to me, no worse than octavia (maybe octavia is bad and I just got used to it)

I think the interior is fine, I dont recognize critiscism of it, and nobody who has seen it has a negative thing to say either.

most common comment is "its a big f***er"

so right now all is great and I am trying not to have OCD about people scuffing there feet as they get in an out and all that kind of thing.

I hired a basic 300 2.7 petrol in canada 2006, never even heard of the car before and immediately loved it, hired the HEMI in california 2007 and loved it, all this proves that you should be your own man when deciding what you like and not be put off by convention or jeremy clarkson who when reviewing the SRT-8 described the HEMI he had driven as "horrible", how wrong he was.

regards

elpirata

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi El,
Yes, if ever there was a case of "ever diminishing returns" it is the incredible shrinking of the 300C. The first week or so you do tend to feel that you are in charge of the QE2 but gradually it gets smaller and smaller. As far as turning circle is concerned I don't find it bad either. I had a Volvo V70 and if ever a car had a dangerously large turning circle then that was it. How the hell the police use it as a traffic car I don't know - they must do a lot of shuffling backwards and forwards.
The boot in the Touring is certainly OK for me. In fact I was considering a saloon next time round in view of the uncertainty of continued production of the Touring - I will have to check its suitability to my needs when that day dawns.
The interior is fine too - I don't have any problem with that at all - although for personal choice I am one of those who likes the black trim of the new model..........
It makes sense to read the reports of the various commentators and testers of cars - but ultimately there is only one person who can decide what is a good car or bad car for you to own - and that is yourself. Personally I don't have access to a disused airfield or racing track to treat a car the way Clarkson does and I don't require a car to be driven in that fashion - I was brought up to show consideration for the vehicle and its passengers - so his comments are pretty far down my list of those I pay heed to.
Glad you are enjoying your new car anyway - and long may it continue.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Turning circle??,ESP off,full lock,floor it,,,it'll turn in 1.lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts