Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I recently drove to Durham North Carolina to visit our son at Duke Med School. This is the second long trip we have taken in the 300C. I averaged about 24 miles per gallon and most of the time I was driving around 75 mph. A few times when I had somebody riding my rear end for awhile I punched it and ran at 100 mph for awhile. I had this Pontiac Grand AM that followed me for miles and miles on my rear end and I was passing up traffic. I finally got irritated and without even opening up the Hemi all the way, I just stepped down a little on the gas, I left the tail-gater far behind.

The car is so comfortable. It is about an eight hour trip from Pittsburgh to Durham and when I stopped for gas my legs and back, etc., felt great. Let me tell you I have driven less distance and time and felt much worse in any other car. I used to own a Lincoln Continental and it couldn't touch the 300 as far as comfort goes, or anything else for that matter.

I noticed two things that irritated me though, occasionally on rougher patches of road I would hear a rattle in the center dash area above the navigation screen. On smooth roads there was no rattle at all. The other thing I noticed is there is no convenient place to grab the trunk lid when you are trying to close it. On the trip we loaded up the car a few times because we took side trips to other places. With the trunk lid in the vertical position I would push down on the Chrysler wing emblem but that didn't seem quite right. I know this is being picky but it just seems to me there isn't a good place to grab the trunk lid when closing it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
With the trunk lid in the vertical position I would push down on the Chrysler wing emblem but that didn't seem quite right. I know this is being picky but it just seems to me there isn't a good place to grab the trunk lid when closing it.
Mine has a recessed handle inside the truck lid, have a look inside yours you should have one also :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? It does? I thought I even looked for a good place inside but I guess (??) I missed it???

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Sounds like overall you're enjoying your car! Rattles can be a real pain trying to isolate them and sometimes it makes it worse to take the dash apart looking for what's causing it.

I have to admit the trunk kinda irritates me not having anything to grab on to. There's no way I'm putting finger prints on the paint so I just grab it from the inside and slam it shut.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Mine has a recessed handle inside the truck lid, have a look inside yours you should have one also :)
That's right! That came out in 06.

Bernie

·
Registered
459 Posts
Some early build 2006's do not have the handle. Mine, for example, does not have the handle nor does it have the gas cap storage on the fuel door.

Phil

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Some early build 2006's do not have the handle. Mine, for example, does not have the handle nor does it have the gas cap storage on the fuel door.

Phil
Doesn't yours have the little hook on the door to put the tether thing around?

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
My '99 Concorde had a piece of webbing looped inside the trunk that you could grab and pull the trunk lid down. I simply found a piece of nylon strapping, made a loop, and attached it inside the trunk lid. Bingo!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been meaning to post to this again but my router died at home and I haven't been online in awhile.

I did find the pull handle on the inside of the trunk. It blends in well with the black insulation so I never noticed it. It is great though makes it easy to not touch the trunk lid now.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I'd love to figure out a way to incorporate that kind of handle pull into the Magnum lift-gate. The OEM pull is a finger breaker or knuckle sprainer if you don't get your fingers out in time. A design like the 300 pulls would be much better IMO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was also pulling down on the latch thingy.
Thanks for the tip.
Little things can make such a different.:fing02:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts