Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only had it a few months(wreck) UPDATE pg3

Total loss or not? I guess I'll find out in a couple of days.
Here's the kicker, I just received my Predator tuner a couple of hours after the wreck.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow that looks like a hard hit hope you are alright. Its just a car you will get an other one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hope you had gap insurance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the well wishes. It was definately not my fault. (sitting at a red light). Let's hope the their insurance does the right thing.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
That's bad enough, but not anything like what SRT8danno went through. Hope your seat back didn't break and from the looks of the passenger compartment the car did it's job of crumpling and preserving the cab.

Did you see it coming to prepare for the impact?

That had to be scary!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no airbag deployment, but I did hear tires squealing and saw a white delivery truck (major company)bearing down on me

·
Banned
651 Posts
can you say cha-chinggggggggggggggggggg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Man that SUCKS!!!!! but at least you're ok.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Good that you're OK. Wait as long as possible to sign off on an insurance settlement. With rear enders like this back and neck pain can come creeping up much later.

On the "good" side; what are you getting to replace it? Another SRT, a Challenger, or with today' s stock market report perhaps a Prius? :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
GET A LAWYER!!! But she's not a total loss. Throw a new trunk lid on there and she's money.:biggrin:

Sorry, thought some humor might help...

·
Registered
435 Posts
glad you're okay, I had a tahoe destroyed that way by a DD.
but it does look like the car did it's job in sacrificing itself and crumpling to keep you safe.
Hope it all works out for the best for you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
most definately a total write off! don't take the first offer from the insurance company. you will always get 10-15% more than their first offer by holding out. also, ride them as they will try and hold off paying you as long as they can! tell them the longer they take the more the payout will be as you have had to hire a car and they can will be paying for that until the settlement is complete. also, if you have ANY signs of medical problems up to the day of settlement, make sure you see a doctor and have it noted, you need to be able to refer back to it should something become evident later. i would also suggest contacting a lawyer and their insurance company will have to pay his cost as well. it makes it hassle free and you get the most possible if you see a good one. sometimes the insurance company will hold out though if you use a lawyer, but he will persue that for you...

·
Registered
683 Posts
that sucks man but glad you are ok. I don't know what I'd do if someone totaled my SRT, probably sue them for two to replace them.

You should see if you can part out the car, I need some new headlights:biggrin:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, the car did do it's job. Glad you are here and able to talk about it.
Hope things are resolved without a lot of hassles for you.

Still makes me cringe to see these cars all crumpled, car can and will be replaced. Better the car crumpled then you.:scared:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Those pics hurt my eyes! I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune but thankful you are not talking about injuries. Still, that had to be a huge impact. It appears that you did not have another vehicle in front of your to sandwich your car like it did danno's Silver Steel SRT.

Let us know what the final outcome is going to be.
bruno

1 - 20 of 30 Posts