Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I messed up! I used the oil for my 5.7 hemi, 5w-20 Mobil 1 Synthetic, in the SRT8 which requires 0W-40!!!
What should I do? Will I be OK until next oil change or do I need to do it over?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not fussy. I don't really drive the car fast either. It sits in the garage mostly and then shopping on the weekends.

Willl the oil harm the engine? I live in FL and it gets hot!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
just givng my opinion, and it's not a professional one.

i would change it back.

·
Registered
358 Posts
It's only a few bucks for oil and a filter versus possible serious engine damage costing much much more. CHANGE IT! :smashfrea

Dante!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it.

I think there's a TSB on the oil pump stating to use 15-50w if it starts to whine.

cheers from the sandbox

·
Registered
358 Posts
For the cost of a few litres/quarts of oil and a filter, I would change it. :smashfrea Compare the cost to major engine repairs, especially if Chryco decides not to cover them under warranty.

Dante!

·
Banned
651 Posts
some people on here are lil ladies and think the worse case scenario if the consistancy of the oil is a lil thicker. absolutly nothing will happen. dont waste your time or money. just leave it alone and change it next time.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
If it were thicker viscosity I wouldn't worry about but thinner would scare me. Change it!

·
Registered
169 Posts
OOPS i'm a dumba$$.

I read 5-20w, but thought 5-50w ?!?

Anyways, ya going thinner is bad for high performance engines in the summer.

I would change it :)

cheers from the sandbox

1 - 15 of 15 Posts