Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello friends from the USA...

We are 300c-enthusiasts from Germany with a little problem...
We discussed in our German 300c-Forum (about 1200 Members) how to close/open windows and roof via remote completly by pressing the open-key for a few seconds for example.

Is there a solution you know by reprogramming..?

Best regards from Dortmund, Germany - Speedy...

Sorry, about my worse english...

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Welcome! As far as I know this is the first time this question has ever come up. If it were possible I believe it would have to be enabled using the StarScan tool. That doesn't seem possible though. I think you would have to go the aftermarket route and I don't think anything's available out there.

I used to own a truck that had this function using the remote from my Viper alarm system, but I had to buy electronic relay parts for it to work. These cars are way more complicated now and I think something like this would cause a great deal of problems.

Bernie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Bernie...

An Aftermarket solution is no solution for this problem.
But its an interesting Feature because on hot Summer-Days you can open roof and windows seconds before you get in your car and its not so hot in it.
Many cars like VW Golf or BMW 5 (E39) have this feature...

Best Regards - Speedy

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
My previous Ford Mondeo had global opening and closing, you'd think we'd get it on the Chrysler!

Stef

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Stefan,

Greets to the UK...

We`ve seen - many Cars have this feature...
An engeneer told me that it`s normally no problem...

Is it a restriction from old Mercedes-Times to make Mercedes-Products more attractive than the 300C..?

Best Regards from Dortmund, Germany... Speedy

·
Registered
979 Posts
i agree i dont know about reprogramming. But any car audio/video alarm shop can do this. Like rambit stated if you were to get a remote start you can have the special relays added so you can open the windows by pushing a button on the keyless entry fob.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i have this feature on my 300c. i purchased the remote starter viper 791 and had to order the modules for the windows to program. its a pretty cool feature to have, especially when you go somewhere and someone turns around and says "you forgot your windows open" then just hit the lock button and there goes up the windows. i didnt get them to program to open just close and didnt get the sunroof i thought about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts