Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how everyone else's trunk reacts when you either use the key fob button or the release button on the dash.

"My" trunk simply pops open, but the trunk lid still stays down. I have to still place my hand on the trunk to fully raise it.

The reason I ask this is because I am wondering if on other's 300, the trunk fully raise by itself after being popped open. I have seen this on other cars and am surprised that my 300 doesn't do this, espcially with the hydraulics on the sides.

No biggie really....just curious if my trunk opening is "normal" for the 300.

Thanks to all who reply!

JFF:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
They all do that. My take is that since the trunk appears to be thin aluminum, if it opened all the way, the wind may grab it.

It's actually better the way it works. For argument sake, if it is raining and you pop it open from inside, by the time you got back there, everything would be wet.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeepgrady said:
They all do that. My take is that since the trunk appears to be thin aluminum, if it opened all the way, the wind may grab it.

It's actually better the way it works. For argument sake, if it is raining and you pop it open from inside, by the time you got back there, everything would be wet.
Ahhhhh...thanks for the reply. I reead elsewhere that they ARE aluminum (someone couldn't get a magnet to stick to it. :))

And I never thought of the rain thing.... good point.

JFF:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also think that because the trunk is on struts instead of counterbalanced springs, popping up is harder to accomplish without making the trunk too difficult to close down (too much resistance).

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like it fine the way it is, but I'm surprised they didn't go for those electric lock closures GM and Ford are fond of. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine reacts same way

I prefer that, I've trunks that open completely, this is different with Mrs SexC and I actually prefer this way better. I'm too a little surprise it don't have the electrical type :mad: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts