Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I found my rims today. Symbolic makes a 3 piece wheel called the TB2 which is short for Tyson Beckford(actor, model guy). Anyway, after discussing the rims with the sales guy and Calling Symbolic directly we found out that they can make a set with a 3 1/2 inch lip for me. I decided I would like to go with 265/35/22 tire package even though it's considered a truck tire. Has anybody seen these rims and what are your thoughts on the larger lip? I personally like the look of rims with the larger lip. If you have not seen the wheels check them out at symbolicwheels.com and let me know what you guy's and girl's think.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The only problem I see with the rims is that it's 22x9's. You should get 22x9.5's but maybe the spec's on superbuytires.com are old. The reason why I say 22x9's are a problem is because I know someone local who had 22x9's and he had some rubbing problems because his tire was expanding more then a 9.5 would. And Symbolic rims are very very nice, I would say one of the best rim companies around. I've seen them on 745's and they look amazing. Remember rims with lips do look smaller then rims without a lip but I would only buy a rim with a larger lip just because it looks better imo.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Great rim at a great cost, but unless they can make you a set of 22"x9.5" I would avoid buying the 9". 22"x9" can lead to potential rubbing issues like 300Con23s said above.

If you plan on spending $4000 just on wheels alone, then they should be exactly to spec for the 300c. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well back to the drawing board. I find it very difficult finding a rim that is great quality and looks great as well without spending $8000.00. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What's wrong with 22x9 wheels? I was told that 22X8.5 and 22X9.0 wouldn't cause any rubbing. The wheel I'm looking at only comes in 22X8.5 or 22X10. I plan on lowering the car and I don't want any rubbing. Does anyone have 22X10 wheels with a lowered car? I would like to know before I make a major purchase on wheels.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Any rim that is less then 9.5 will cause some rubbing issues. The reason is the tire must expand much more then the it would on a 9.5 rim. The ideal rim would be a 22x9.5 but if you are thinking about going smaller then 9.5 then do some more research. I know a few people on here have had problems with rubbing with a 22x9 rim. I have seen 22x10's on the rear but the fender would have to be rolled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts