Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello you all experienced 300C folks,

Has anyone seen a 300c with both the REC and ATL options?

The lit leads me to beleive these are not able to be combined.

I was just at my Chrysler dealerer to look at a 300c one had both on the windows sticker.

Is this a special or odd configuration?

Thanks for your insights

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
REC=Nav, 6CD, AM/FM Head unit w/ standard amp
ATL= Sound Group II (380 watt amp Boston Acoustics)
AS6= REC+ATL

At one time, you could configure with REC and ATL - which is a mistake because it costs more than just ordering AS6 which is the exact same thing. Is the car new on the lot or has it been sitting around. Maybe the dealers system still lets them do it even if they shouldn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more option details

I beleive REC is the option code for the DVD based Nav system with 6 CD/MP3
and ATL is the option code for the Sound Group II system.

The combined Navigation and sound group II is another option.

The the online configuration guides indicate the ALT and REC are not able to be ordered on together.

When I saw both on a factory windows sticker I was intrigued aout this potentially special vehicle.

Does anyone have any insights on this configuration?

--------------

Extract from edmunds site

Option Code Option Name and Description
AS6 Navigation and Sound Group 2
Includes 380 watt AM/FM stereo, 6-disc CD player, GPS navigation system and 6 Boston Acoustics speakers with subwoofer. NOT AVAILABLE with REC.

REC AM/FM w/Integrated Display
Includes AM/FM stereo, 6-disc CD player and GPS navigation system.

GWA Power Sunroof

AD4 Protection Group 2
Includes supplemental front and rear side curtain airbags, side airbags, air filtering, rear parking assist and P225/60R18 99T all-season self-sealing tires.

LMP High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
Includes xenon high intensity discharge headlamps and headlamp washer.

ATL Sound Group 2
Includes 380 watt AM/FM stereo, 6-disc CD player, Mp3 player, 6 Boston Acoustics speakers and 1 subwoofer. NOT AVAILABLE with AS6, REC.

CSY Walnut Wood Trim
Includes wood trimmed shift knob and wood/leather trimmed steering wheel.

RSP U-Connect Hands-Free Communication
Includes auto-dimming interior rearview mirror, microphone and activation switches mounted at bottom of the inside rear view mirror and system enabled with Bluetooth technology (no physical docking of customer's handset to vehicle required)

RSA Sirius Satellite Radio
Not available in HI or AK.

XAM Power Adjustable Pedals
Includes power adjustable pedals with memory feature.

PMQ Deep Lava Red Metallic Paint
REQUIRES Deep Lava Red Metallic.

ADE Cold Weather Group
Includes engine block heater.

AWS Smoker's Group
Includes front and rear ashtrays and cigar lighter.

--------

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure about born on date

The vehicle has been on this lot for about 3 weeks, but the sticker indicated it was originally purchased by another dealer.

The car has about 300mi on it so I guess it hs been test drived or driven while being transported. All the plastic overing is still on, so being a dealer demo is somewhat unlikely.

Guess I'm hearing it is an early production model ?

Does it matter ?

Is there a way of determining the manufacture date from the VIN ?

thanks again,

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
You can get the manufacture date from the door sticker on the drivers side. As long as it doesn't have a bad right pull or any other known problems, there should be no problems with it being an early production model.

·
Registered
731 Posts
JonW said:
REC=Nav, 6CD, AM/FM Head unit w/ standard amp
ATL= Sound Group II (380 watt amp Boston Acoustics)
AS6= REC+ATL

At one time, you could configure with REC and ATL - which is a mistake because it costs more than just ordering AS6 which is the exact same thing. Is the car new on the lot or has it been sitting around. Maybe the dealers system still lets them do it even if they shouldn't.

When my car was built in May, it came with the two options, Sound groupII for $535., and the Nav for $1595. which equals $2130., which was the same price as the combined package.

Now the sound groupII goes for $635, and the Nav for $1895., which totals $2530. Yet if you combine the two in the package, the price is still $2130.

I guess it's just a way for Chrysler to make more money or to force you to get the combo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all for the quick replies

I'm good to go - now to get to the dealer and buy the car.

thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts