Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I've mounted winter tires on my factory 18" wheels and have been looking for options on a 20" wheel to mount summer tires on.

The main problem as you all know is that most wheels are 5-114.3 instead of 5-115. I know a lot of people have mounted the 114.3 with no problems but I'll like to get the "correct size" if I can.

The one I really like are the TSW Carlton in Hyper Silver but I don't believe it comes in 5-115, the Tire Rack has the ASA RT8 in 5-115 which looks similar to the Carltons but I don't like them as much.

Any sugestions in similar looking wheels will be greatly appreciated.

Julio

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Julio said:
All,

I've mounted winter tires on my factory 18" wheels and have been looking for options on a 20" wheel to mount summer tires on.

The main problem as you all know is that most wheels are 5-114.3 instead of 5-115. I know a lot of people have mounted the 114.3 with no problems but I'll like to get the "correct size" if I can.

The one I really like are the TSW Carlton in Hyper Silver but I don't believe it comes in 5-115, the Tire Rack has the ASA RT8 in 5-115 which looks similar to the Carltons but I don't like them as much.

Any sugestions in similar looking wheels will be greatly appreciated.

Julio
Aparrently great minds think alike as I too have mounted snows on my factory 18"s and am looking for 20"s for the spring. It seems like the quality of the factory 18"s is not that great. The rims are a mess. The Tire Rack seems to have a very limited quantity of wheels with the correct configuration. This place seems to have quite a few options:
http://superbuytires.com/vehicle/

·
Registered
65 Posts
doesn't TBYRNE have a set of carltons for sale from his 300c ? since he traded up to an SRT8...check around here, i know i just saw the sale thread :stups:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
fanofsteel said:
Aparrently great minds think alike as I too have mounted snows on my factory 18"s and am looking for 20"s for the spring. It seems like the quality of the factory 18"s is not that great. The rims are a mess. The Tire Rack seems to have a very limited quantity of wheels with the correct configuration. This place seems to have quite a few options:
http://superbuytires.com/vehicle/
I havn't looked at superbuytires.com for awhile, but I recall they were listing the 5x114.3 as fitting the 300. Their selection looks great, but not all of them are the true fitting 5x115. They also don't publish the offset. Not sure all the wheels listed under the 300 have the right offset.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joey

I'll e-mail bigwheels today and check if they really come in 115, thanks

JP

TBYRNE has a set, but is all chrome and one of them has a serious case of curb rash.

Julio

·
Registered
823 Posts
I ordered Bonspeed Deltas.

Any offset/backspacing you want, and they come in 5x115.

May have to wait some for them to get built (however it only took 3 weeks to get mine made and they're on their way supposedly).

AND...they're forged one-piece billet. WAY stronger and lighter than cast aluminum.

PLUS...I got them for $1958 OUT THE DOOR from Discount Tire (they matched Godfather Customs' quote).

Check 'em out:
http://www.uswheel.com/bonspeed/set.htm

·
Registered
823 Posts
E55 KEV said:
teahead, looking forward to seeing you Bonspeed Delta's on your car. Those looke like a Magnum RT rim.
Yeah...kinda. Howeverr I'm not really partial to the Magnum RT rim (c in picture).

I've always been a fan of five spokes. Had to find a rim that would LOOK like it'll clear the Brembo brake calipers. These Deltas look like they would.

Here's a pic of 17s on a early Camaro:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts