Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I just call chrysler about the 300c I order 05/14. They said its not even scheduled for build due to parts shortages. So even if they were to add another shift, they can't build our cars without the parts. they weren't specific as to what parts they are waiting on.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Mine was ordered on 4/30 and was to be built 5/19. Using the VON thread I found my car was built on 6/1 and was to get to the dealer 6/11, now 6/14 and is waiting for a train presumably to west senaca NY then by truck on to Ohio. This won't make you feel any better but I am beginning to worry I won't be able to take it to Indy for the F1 race :mad: I guess DC got caught with their pants down with a huge hit, I am OK with delay in lieu of multiple recalls :( .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Contacted dealership on 6/4/04 and I was told that my order placed on 4/9/04 was on hold due to parts / moonroof. Hopefully DC will take this time and correct the pulling to the right and not starting problems as reported by some of owners of the 300C.

·
Registered
83 Posts
shipping dealy is due to a shortage of railcars and trucks. GM is having the same problem. Production is out for the 300c with the hemi option for the month of June. If you ordered one before that and it hasn't been built, it will not be built until at least august or september. This truly does suck for you the customer and we the dealer. Just hang in there it will be worth it when you are passing mustang GT's on the highway.

See ya

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well.... it sounds like I do not need to be in any great burning hurry to order my 300C. I will have to custom order my car. It will be the silver metallic color. I will have everything on it except a moonroof and sirus satillite radio. Perhaps the tire pressure monitor will be available by the time I place an order. But this really sucks. The advantage of having a 2005 model car for six or eight months before other 2005 cars are available will be greatly reduced. Just to get my 300C, I will not wait around to see what rolls off the truck. I want the color and equipment that I will order or nothing. The Hemi or I keep the 2003 Lincoln LS V8 that I have now.

Sounds like I do not have to be in a rush, after returning from vacation, to clean the brake dust off of my bling-blings, before going in to make a deal. Chrysler had this problem with my 1999 300M. Ordered it in August but did not get it until November. Chrysler has to get their act together!! Early production problems and parts shortages is ignorant. I thought that Chrysler was to have these problems worked out by the release date of the 300C.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys im a dealer in la. and i am having great problems getting orders filled. chrysler is telling me that the reason is because some brilliant person projected that only about 30 percent of 300s to be C's. well we all know by know thats not the case actually about 70 percent of all special orders are C's. so yes chrysler did once again miss the boat. but in their defence they didnt realize that they have over 20,000 C "special orders" per week in april. quote of my rep. even snopp dog is tring to get one.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
bbates said:
... chrysler is telling me that the reason is because some brilliant person projected that only about 30 percent of 300s to be C's. well we all know by know thats not the case actually about 70 percent of all special orders are C's....
I suspected that! DCX only plan for 30% HEMI's. Some bean counter did not/could not anticipate the demand! They misread the sunroof demand also. That means they will have to account and build more HEMI's, 5-Speed Autos and sunroofs from the suppliers.

The HEMI is built entirely in Mexico and the Tranny in Kokomo, Indiana.

That tranny issue will probably push back the release and availability of the AWD models with V8 and V6 - both use the AutoStick. :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like DCX management should find a new manager for their market research department. I do not even understand why there is the base 300. Who would even want a stripped down 300C with only a 2.7L engine, any way? For a 4,000+ pound car, the 2.7L engine would be too underpowered. The 3.5L would not produce interesting performance figures, for a 300C customer. If a buyer can afford a fully equipped 300C, why would they settle for anything less??

The "well-trained" sales staff of a local dealer were so clueless about the 300C, that I drove 15 miles, for nothing, to look at a 300 Touring. They said it was a 300C with the nav system. Thirty feet away I could see the Touring badge. Somebody at the factory, in error dropped the DVD disk and nav system manual into the glovebox of the 300 Touring, when it did not even have the nav system installed. Soon as I looked at the interior of the 300 Touring, I could see that it did not have a nav system. These local boys do not even know what the new MOPAR nav system of the 300C looks like!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
My car was built on the 24th of May and has been sitting in storage since the 28th of May and the carrier has put a hold on it and it keeps changing each day. I was originally suppose to take delivery on the 11th of June and as of this morning, is now the 18th of June and it's still sitting in storage. I contacted the 1-800 DC US number and was treated like a human being,by two separate people who looked into my complaint and found out that DC has put a priority on sold orders to get them to customers rather than dealer inventory, so customers who factory ordered their cars should start getting them. They also advised me to contact the Cdn customer relations line, and I am so mad I could spit. They have no customer skills on this side of the border and as a result I phoned back to the US # and they took a formal complaint from me. I don't know if you people south of the border get those customer satisfaction surveys after you buy a car, but we do here and they are going to get an ear full if and when I get one. The cutomer manager I talked to could have cared less and said if I wanted to know about warranty then she could help me but would not give me a contact person to inquire about my cars status. I hope you folks waiting for your cars get a better reception than I did and would appreciate that if you hear anything in relation to delivery of cars please let us all know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
By the way guys. I have a 300c sitting at the ship yard in port allan, la. Been there for 2 weeks finally talked to the guy incharge if realese veh for ship in the yaed and found out the problem. while on the train in transet all 4 wheels where stolen of the car. Could be 2-3 more weeks before their ins. takes care of the problem. hope this doeas not happen to any of ya'lls orders.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just talked to my dealer and found out my 300C has been shipped and is in transit. Ordered back on 4/14, was build on 5/25-5/27, sat in Inspection until 6/9, and was loaded on a railcar at 1AM 6/10. Supposed to get to my dealer in Independence MO on 6/23 for delivery. Now we just have to hope for "No Damage", no parts theft, no change to the deal we agreed on back in April, etc...

·
Registered
34 Posts
no change to the deal we agreed on back in April, etc...

Did you sign a contract back in April or just have a verbal contract?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Contacted the dealer today, he is checking, my C was built on 6/1 and no word yet. Leaving for Indy F1 on Friday, the dealer was supposed to call me back but as the country song goes "if the phone doesn't ring it's me". Yes I have checked other dealers and the only cool Van I found with my options was of course "sold yesterday".
p.s. I called DCX today with my von and had them double check thier screen, what was thought to be a ship date of 6/3 was in error. It went to the carrier on 6/3 and sat, then went back to the storage to sit some more, this is the movement I saw when the dealer login site was active. So for sure I'll be driving the hail damaged broken windshield X5 to Indy this weekend (waiting on the insurance check). I may just hang on to my pre purchased accessories and cancel my order and purchase from stock the right car,time and price. Who knows, I,m not mad just disgusted. :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fast300C said:
no change to the deal we agreed on back in April, etc...

Did you sign a contract back in April or just have a verbal contract?

We had a verbal agreement of my "trade in" plus $15,500 and closed the deal with a $500 deposit check. (Which has been cashed and cleared). I signed an "order sheet" or something like that which equated to the verbal deal. (Lowered the price of the trade in and lowerd the agreed to price of new 300C, end result was difference of $15,509 plus additional $190 for paperwork, advertising etc...). Since then the Sirius Radio option has dropped $195. Was planning on cutting check for the 300C difference, but apparently Chrysler Financing $1000 is still in effect for June. Now plan is to finance enough to get the incentive and more if the Interest Rate is at or below 4%.

Only problem is, I can't find my copy of the sheet I sighed. Not sure I even got a copy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered my 300c, cool vanilla on April 17. Dealer says now is in AZ category. He doesn't know what that means. Chrysler 800 # says on hold due to sunroof shortage.They don't seem to be building and shipping according to date ordered, sunroof or not. Where was that post that told what the codes mean?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
AZ doesn't exist according to this list.
http://www.ptdoityourself.net/christine.html
I think you may actually be in BG status, or BGL, if there are shortages.
I ordered my car on May 27 and was in BX by around June 2, which implies there are no shortages. My dealer and Chrysler both confirm I am in BX.
My dealer said once the order is in BX he stops watching/monitoring the VON/order. I would call your dealer back and ask him why others are in BX and you aren't. It would seem logical that if one person is in BX no one (like you) should be in BG/BGL due to shortages, but who knows. Maybe some get to BX while others still sit in BG.

BB Review by fleet department
BD Special equipment processing
BE Edit error
BG Passed edit N/A for schedule
BGL Edit ok parts unavailable
BX Passed edit available for schedule - The order has been accepted by DC. Until your dealer has an allocation your order is on hold.
C Sub firm – This means the dealer has an allocation for this order.
D Firm schedule – Dealer has allocation and all parts are available. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is assigned. Waiting for spot in build
rotation depending on model/transmission/color. You will be assigned a build "week", a rough estimation of when it will be built.
D1 Gateline schedule – Scheduled to be built and a ship date assigned. The ship date is pretty accurate; it may be a day sooner, or several days later. The actual build time is 38 hours, so subtract from the ship date to determine the build date.
E Frame
F Paint
G Trim
I Built - not OK'd
J Built - OK'd
JB Shipped to body vendor
JE Emission check
JS Shipped to storage
KZ Released by plant – Invoiced
KZL Released – Not shipped
KZM First rail departure
KZN First rail arrival
KZO Delayed/received
KZOA Plant holds
KZOB Zone/distribution holds
KZOC Carrier delays
KZOD Carrier holds
KZOE Miss-shipped vehicle
KZOF Show/test vehicle
KZOG Damaged vehicle
KZOH All other reasons
KZT Second rail departure
KZU Second rail arrival
KZX Delivered to dealer
ZA Canceled

·
Registered
156 Posts
Apparently a lot of dealers found their 300/Magnum orders cancelled. I was told what happened was that Chrysler made a software change. Their system was actually looking at these orders as 2004's not 2005's. Chrysler rolled all of the orders to 2005. When they look for the order they need to check by looking at the same VON, but in the 2005 orders. In the 2004 order that VON will come up as ZA "cancelled."

·
Registered
6 Posts
buck said:
I ordered my 300c, cool vanilla on April 17. Dealer says now is in AZ category. He doesn't know what that means. Chrysler 800 # says on hold due to sunroof shortage.They don't seem to be building and shipping according to date ordered, sunroof or not. Where was that post that told what the codes mean?
To be optimistic, maybe your dealer actually said KZ instead of AZ. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts