Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered 300c cool vanilla, navigation, protection group, (power moonroof),power pedals. on 4/22 called dealer 5/21 still on hold dont look like i will getting one this year. when i ordered i was told 6 to 8 weeks wait. i hope no one else has this problem.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That sucks man, hope you get yours soon. Funny, in the middle of nowhere, there are a couple of 300c's fully loaded just sitting around, cause no one in this town knows what the heck they are.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered mine 5/13 and they told me end of July beginning of August. Thats with no roof or nav. I want them to take time and build it right and not rush and make mistakes. As long as I know it's coming thats good for me.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Salesman called me 20 min ago, ship date is confirmed 5/31 expected arrival first week of June, I could almost cry. I was hoping to get it (not here yet) before the F1 race in indy, my wife and I will take da Hemi, we took the RX8 last year. We are going to go to Louisville and stop by the Brown hotel for a Hot Brown and head to Indy the morning of the race. ps My wife thinks I ordered the Limited and keeps saying you should have gotten the Hemi (she is a car nut too). "Boast not about tomorrow for you know not what a day may bring forth" Prov:27:1

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Thanks for asking E55, I do not yet have those #. I'll try at the dealer, it would be great to track this thing. "Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to thier level and beat you with experience" Anonymous

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just talked to DC today and now they advised me that my order did not make the list for all scheduled builds through the end of June. She advised me that it “should” make it on the July build schedule. So I might not be in my C until August…… :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
440 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Salesman called me 20 min ago, ship date is confirmed 5/31 expected arrival first week of June, I could almost cry. I was hoping to get it (not here yet) before the F1 race in indy, my wife and I will take da Hemi, we took the RX8 last year. We are going to go to Louisville and stop by the Brown hotel for a Hot Brown and head to Indy the morning of the race. ps My wife thinks I ordered the Limited and keeps saying you should have gotten the Hemi (she is a car nut too). "Boast not about tomorrow for you know not what a day may bring forth" Prov:27:1
Look me up when you come to town. We can hit the town together in our HEMI’s.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My baby rolled off the assembly line at 4.00 PM Est. to-day. This is one day short of one month since my order went in. I should know in the next day or two when it will be shipped. Ya Hoo!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
indyCoder said:
Look me up when you come to town. We can hit the town together in our HEMI’s.

[email protected]
Thanks for the suggestion, we may very well do that. We'll be heading back to Ohio right after the race but we might be able to do a photo shoot( Like superdave) somewhere along I 70 like a Cracker Barrel. If you don't know about superdave, check out his website. http://superdave369.home.comcast.net/300C/300C.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered my Magnum RT about a week ago and am a supplier for some of the parts in these things. I was at the plant yesterday and looked up my VON... sounds like I might not see mine till september! I am definatly a bit bummed, but all the guys there say that might not be "bad news" with all the launch issues they are still resolving.

On the other hand, it was pretty cool watching how your car is gonna be built before it actualy is.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hemi @ Indy

I will be taking mine to the race. Driving all the way from Jersey. Look out for me in Lot B! Enjoy the Race...Go Ferrari!

Salesman called me 20 min ago, ship date is confirmed 5/31 expected arrival first week of June, I could almost cry. I was hoping to get it (not here yet) before the F1 race in indy, my wife and I will take da Hemi

·
Registered
95 Posts
What exactly is the hold up at the plant when it comes to the sunroof. I was told my car wouldnt be built till sept sometime. The only good thing is they have one that was ordered a few weeks before me that made production.....anyone know ????

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered my 300C here in Phoenix on the 8th of May. Did not order the sunroof because I was told it would delay my order indefinitely. Two weeks later I call the Chryeler Customer Service line to check on my order, and was told it was in BG status. Also was told that as of the 17th of May the moonroof issue had gone away. So I went back to my dealer to have it added to my order. Dealer doublechecked that there were no other delays other than volume. However I was told initially that my order would take 12 to 16 weeks. So I am planning on August or September for my new car. If it shows up earlier it would be a nice surprise

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also have an order that was placed in mid May, but decided to check out what all the other local dealers had in stock. On my 11th dealer, I got lucky and found the exact configuration I had ordered. Went and picked the car up today, and will be cancelling my order tomorrow. Since the original delivery timeframe given when I ordered was 4-6 weeks, and the dealer agreed that the realistic timeframe was really 12-16 weeks, he has not given me any problems about cancelling and returning my deposit. At least not yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
swarick said:
I ordered my 300C here in Phoenix on the 8th of May. Did not order the sunroof because I was told it would delay my order indefinitely. Two weeks later I call the Chryeler Customer Service line to check on my order, and was told it was in BG status. Also was told that as of the 17th of May the moonroof issue had gone away. So I went back to my dealer to have it added to my order. Dealer doublechecked that there were no other delays other than volume. However I was told initially that my order would take 12 to 16 weeks. So I am planning on August or September for my new car. If it shows up earlier it would be a nice surprise
I talked to DC on May 25th and was told all sunroofs were on hold until July. Mine was ordered on the 5th of May and didn’t make the build list for June, and was told "it might be built in July".

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ordered mine on April 14th, as of today it is done but in inspection. Been in inspection for about 1 week now. No ship date scheduled.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hemi I hope in Indy

LWOOD said:
I will be taking mine to the race. Driving all the way from Jersey. Look out for me in Lot B! Enjoy the Race...Go Ferrari!

Salesman called me 20 min ago, ship date is confirmed 5/31 expected arrival first week of June, I could almost cry. I was hoping to get it (not here yet) before the F1 race in indy, my wife and I will take da Hemi
Just checked, Mine is released from the plant 24 hrs after build. ETA to the dealer on 6/11. Seems optimistic based on other's cars sitting on the carrier for a week. I hope to Hemi to Indy but I'll be parked in a yard nearby (the RX8 was OK last year parked in a yard). I think we got good seats, no cover like last year's paddock penthouse (my wife hates heights). This year we are in sction H at the end of the straight where all the passes occur. I bought my Ferrari hat already, my wife is going to pick up a BMW Williams hat(Montoya fan). That should be a great trip out of NJ.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guy's I do not mean to burst you bubble. I am a dealer in minnesota and have 20 that have been built with ship dates dating back to febuary! I have one customer order that has been built and waiting to be shipped now for 2 1/2 months. It is ridiculous. The normal order time on Chrysler vehicles is 6-10 weeks from time order is placed to time of delivery. Unfortunaltely they are having a hard time finding rail cars to ship all these vehciles. GM is running into the same issue at this time.

See ya

1 - 20 of 21 Posts