Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with DC and they said it went ZA yesterday. I read RT4's post about watching out for this. What gives? Waiting to hear back from my dealer.

It was ordered on 2/1 as an '06 and was in BA status.

Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any opinions on this? Spoke to DC again today and they checked both systems and couldn't find who canceled it.

Heard from someone at Brampton who said "it shouldn't be a big deal". Not sure what that means because I think the VON I have is just a worthless piece of paper at this point.

Waiting to hear back from my salesman so I was just seeing if anyone else has any thoughts. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
290 Posts
Actually during my wait somehow my order was cancelled I freaked then was told the system did it and I was assigned a different vin. Whic is what happened because noone could figured ut how that happened, it all worked out I had a different vin like a day later I believe. Good Luck :) , all should be fine!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Angi300C said:
Actually during my wait somehow my order was cancelled I freaked then was told the system did it and I was assigned a different vin. Whic is what happened because noone could figured ut how that happened, it all worked out I had a different vin like a day later I believe. Good Luck :) , all should be fine!
Thanks for the encouraging words but with all of new info being posted here everyday, I have zero confidence in this whole system.

We'll see what happens between now and the end of the week. If I don't feel more comfortable by then, it's bye bye SRT-8 for this year and hello C5 Z06. This has been more stressful than necessary and I need to be able to concentrate on other things.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dan,

It's unfortunate you feel that way. I look at your situation like a Love triangle. You have this dark, mysterious beauty that seems maddingly just out of your reach, but you know if you are patient, she come your way. Then there is the flirtatious Blonde readily available for a ride and a good time right now. But you have to think to yourself... which one are you going to be happiest with in the long run? The easy get or the one you sweated a little for???

·
Registered
750 Posts
Cars and Women

Car/Women analogies - I love them

XCITsNUwrote:

You have this dark, mysterious beauty that seems maddingly just out of your reach, but you know if you are patient, she come your way.Then there is the flirtatious Blonde readily available for a ride and a good time right now. But you have to think to yourself... which one are you going to be happiest with in the long run? The easy get or the one you sweated a little for???
Yeah, and the Ferrari is the capricious, Italian redhead that while she's with you, she costs you the earth, but oh what a fast and passionate ride, and how you love her, knowing that, she will eventually break your bank balance and your heart.

Stick with the SRT8: desireable, strong-hearted, put together with all the right bits, can run with the fast crowd, she'll make an exciting, stimulating, long term partner, that will age well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can totally relate to and appreciate your analogies, guys. Trust me, I want this deal to work but I have other things going on in my life right now that need to be paid more attention to. This has become almost a sickness tracking this thing down. An obsession that I'm sure everyone here can relate to. I know that in the end the wait would be worth it. It's just all of the black cloud crap that I can't stand putting up with for who knows, 3, 4, 5, 6 months?

Like I said..I'll wait to see what my dealership says today or tomorrow. I'm also waiting to hear back from one other. Hopefully I'll be a happy camper. If not, a low mileage used one next year it'll be. They'll be out there.

Thanks..

Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
goddardzilla said:
Yeah, and the Ferrari is the capricious, Italian redhead that while she's with you, she costs you the earth, but oh what a fast and passionate ride, and how you love her, knowing that, she will eventually break your bank balance and your heart.
The Ferrari I owned cost me the least of any car I've ever owned in a $/year spent. I bought a 1987 328GTS in 1998 for $38.4k. I sold the car in 2004 for $37k + $1.4k for the Tubi exhaust seperately. Total expenditure on the car was less than $2200 per year in maintenance.

Other cars that I had came and went and cost me far more than that car... Ferraris in bad condition can bankrupt you but a Ferrari in good condition can bring a lot of joy for not all that much $/yr (compared to the rumors) if you keep it properly maintained. I'm active on ferrarichat.com and a former board member of the northwest region of the Ferrari Club of America - just always get a pre purchase inspection from a reputable shop and be ready to wlk from the deal if the car is not in good condition mechanically.

Sorry - comepletely offtopic for this board... but I love to see other people realize owning a Ferrari does not have to be a dream... it can be a reality. You need to plug in with other owners though not to get caught up in the hype of the used market driven by dealers and the garage queen owning crowd that want 2x+ what their Ferrari is actually worth.

That said - it's hard to fit a rear facing child seat next to a front facing one in any of the 2+2 Ferraris that actually have a back seat and look forward to my SRT-8. Once my kids are both front facing I'll be looking for a 1964-1967 Ferrari 330GT 2+2 (front engine V12... gorgeous cars... can't wait!) which will sit next to the SRT-8 if I still have it and it isn't replaced within a year.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wrote:

davequick
He He He :D
I knew I would catch a Ferraristi in that net. When I was 16, a Sunday solo gas jockey at a local car dealer, one of the investors in the dealership had a 1966 365GT 2+2 "parked" in the showroom awaiting a window in the shop's time to repair it. He was a total lamebrain, with much more money than sense, and had decided to do a valve job himself. He had tried to break the cylinder head to block joint with a hammer and cold chisel. :eek:

Occasionally I used to sit in that car waiting for my next customer, and soaking in the feel of the car. I still have a warm feeling for Ferraris.

Now back to SRT8 business:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts