Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my new 300C AWD from a North Jersey dealer on Sept. 9th. The dealer says they are backed up on production of the AWD cars? Any idea how long the current delivery time is running for new order of the AWD cars?

Regards,
Gary
Andover, NJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I talked to my local 5-star dealer in mid-September about ordering another AWD. After some investigating he told me it would be built at the end of December and delivered early January. That seems optimistic based on what I've been reading.

Gary25 said:
I ordered my new 300C AWD from a North Jersey dealer on Sept. 9th. The dealer says they are backed up on production of the AWD cars? Any idea how long the current delivery time is running for new order of the AWD cars?

Regards,
Gary
Andover, NJ
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,239 Posts
Gary25 said:
I ordered my new 300C AWD from a North Jersey dealer on Sept. 9th. The dealer says they are backed up on production of the AWD cars? Any idea how long the current delivery time is running for new order of the AWD cars?

Regards,
Gary
Andover, NJ

Don't sell whatever you are driving now just yet :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
6-8 weeks and you should have the car. The sales banks are not as high as they were. Also a sold order will get moved ahead of a dealer inventory order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why is there such a back up on the AWD 300's?

Why did Chrylser stop accepting orders for 300C AWD during the summer months? My dealer said their was a parts problem with the AWD system and their computer system would even allow him to back order it unitil the bigging of September. If it was a parts issue, does anyone know what critical part was causing the problem or was it a design rework issue?

Gary
Andover NJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Gary25 said:
I ordered my new 300C AWD from a North Jersey dealer on Sept. 9th. The dealer says they are backed up on production of the AWD cars? Any idea how long the current delivery time is running for new order of the AWD cars?

Regards,
Gary
Andover, NJ
I have a 300C on order since June 8th made D status on Sept 8th and has not moved since then. They started limited production of the AWD'S in mid Sept. trying to fill the back orders. The problem was a vibration in the front end at low speeds in the AWD with the Hemi powered engines. Production was halted from June until mid Sept. to address this problem hopefully they have it fixed.

Regards,
Perry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Hahahahahahahahahahhaa

Your gonna have a nice wait .... Might want to just wait for the 2007s. I think they start production the beginning of February.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Still no sign!!

Gary25 said:
I ordered my new 300C AWD from a North Jersey dealer on Sept. 9th. The dealer says they are backed up on production of the AWD cars? Any idea how long the current delivery time is running for new order of the AWD cars?

Regards,
Gary
Andover, NJ

My wife ordered hers on July 29 and it has not moved off the dealer's "Build List" yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Gary25 said:
I ordered my new 300C AWD from a North Jersey dealer on Sept. 9th. The dealer says they are backed up on production of the AWD cars? Any idea how long the current delivery time is running for new order of the AWD cars?

Regards,
Gary
Andover, NJ
We ordered our AWD on July 29 and just recieved word that it should be at the dealer within 7 days. Production of the AWDs was suspended in July and August and did not start again unitl 9.9.05.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
tons of them on the lot

bltblt said:
We ordered our AWD on July 29 and just recieved word that it should be at the dealer within 7 days. Production of the AWDs was suspended in July and August and did not start again unitl 9.9.05.
any color engine etc in seattle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Gary25 said:
Why did Chrylser stop accepting orders for 300C AWD during the summer months? My dealer said their was a parts problem with the AWD system and their computer system would even allow him to back order it unitil the bigging of September. If it was a parts issue, does anyone know what critical part was causing the problem or was it a design rework issue?

Gary
Andover NJ
The issue over the summer affected AWD models. The problem was a vibration in the transfer case when driven at low speeds (as in parking lots). There was very little concern over drivability but production was halted for two months until Magna Drivetrain corrected the problem. AWD production at Brampton was stopped in June and resumed late (very late) August. It has since all been corrected and orders are being filled.

I had placed my order in May (I was the second one to place an '06 order at that dealer). After waiting for over two months I started digging into the reasons for the delay and became more patient after understanding the issue. I spent too much time researching my next vehicle purchase to bail on my order. Finally, I received word in September that my car was well underway being built. After the excrutiating wait, my car was delivered November 2. It is beautiful: 2006 300C AWD Silver Steel w/ Dark Slate Grey interior. Well worth the wait. I love it.

Anyhow, an AWD order shouldn't take more than 8 weeks now. Keep your eyes peeled. Chrysler will be offering 2 years of fuel in place of incentives. Of course, per usual, it probably won't apply to a 300 because they are selling so well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took almost 10 weeks, but I finally got a VIN number for my order

Thanks for the advice everyone posted about the AWD delays and the transfer case vibration problem. Hope all those that recently got their AWD cars are reporting the problem has been fixed??

Well, after almost 10 weeks, I got a VIN number, but the dealer says he still does not have delivery date. Where was that link that used to be on this site so you could track a VIN production status??

Gary





CRM1972 said:
The issue over the summer affected AWD models. The problem was a vibration in the transfer case when driven at low speeds (as in parking lots). There was very little concern over drivability but production was halted for two months until Magna Drivetrain corrected the problem. AWD production at Brampton was stopped in June and resumed late (very late) August. It has since all been corrected and orders are being filled.

I had placed my order in May (I was the second one to place an '06 order at that dealer). After waiting for over two months I started digging into the reasons for the delay and became more patient after understanding the issue. I spent too much time researching my next vehicle purchase to bail on my order. Finally, I received word in September that my car was well underway being built. After the excrutiating wait, my car was delivered November 2. It is beautiful: 2006 300C AWD Silver Steel w/ Dark Slate Grey interior. Well worth the wait. I love it.

Anyhow, an AWD order shouldn't take more than 8 weeks now. Keep your eyes peeled. Chrysler will be offering 2 years of fuel in place of incentives. Of course, per usual, it probably won't apply to a 300 because they are selling so well.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top