Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything I need to know about the diesel engine? Had 4X4's for the last 30 years and after some idiot tried to steal my Toyota Surf last week and wrote it off I fancied a change. I just hope I have made the right choice. I live in Kent

·
Registered
266 Posts
Anything I need to know about the diesel engine? Had 4X4's for the last 30 years and after some idiot tried to steal my Toyota Surf last week and wrote it off I fancied a change. I just hope I have made the right choice. I live in Kent
...yes, you made the right choice Jimbo....welcome....

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Aye but are you a Kentish Man or a Man of Kent - as I recollect it depends on which side of the Medway you were born on - either way we won't hold it against you. You are more than welcome here to swell our numbers. As John W said, you made the right choice. The only thing you need to know about the engine is that it is a Mercedes Benz 3 Litre one and it goes like stink. You will find nothing but enthusiasm for the cars on these pages - we all love 'em. Only thing you have to start doing is practicing your grin and whitening your teeth - just watch any of the rest of us behind the wheel - a grin from ear to ear.
Cheers John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was born in Livingstone, long before it became the town it is now. Back in then days when it was closing the mines. Lost the accent now.

I have been reading further through the forum.

Anyone running a chipped or remapped diesel or running the Milners diesel fuel additive?

Anyone had experince of towing with the touring. I know in theory with the torque figures it should tow like there was nothing attached on the back, but what about the stability?

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
....................Anyone running a chipped or remapped diesel or running the Milners diesel fuel additive?..................
Jimbo, welcome to the forum!

I run Millers Sport 4 in mine all the time and a diesel tuner black box, very impressed with both.

You could achieve a 0-60 time of 6 seconds running both.

Stef

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was born in Livingstone, long before it became the town it is now. Back in then days when it was closing the mines. Lost the accent now.

I have been reading further through the forum.

Anyone running a chipped or remapped diesel or running the Milners diesel fuel additive?

Anyone had experince of towing with the touring. I know in theory with the torque figures it should tow like there was nothing attached on the back, but what about the stability?
Hi Jimbo
I have been running a 07 CRD saloon for a while and can say it tows like a dream, I have an 8x5 Ifor Williams box/drop tailgate trailer dual axle and I can honesly say it is super. I am now in the process of getting a tourer and will report back on its capabilities.

Cheers

Stig
:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pick my 300C Touring lunch time next Thursday.:biggrin: I have to wait nearly a whole WEEK. I have been warned by my youngest to collect her from School via the main entrance and I have to be early so ALL her friends can see it.

I also found out today why my wife was so keen for me to go and by "any car I liked". I got dragged to the nearest caravan dealer and we are now also the proud owners of a new 2008 Swift 630 Conqueror caravan. So new that it's not even going to be built until the 3rd of April!

wonder if I can persuade her that my 2005 Yamaha FX160 HO jetski is getting on a bit so I can by the new 2008 250 HP version.:cool:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Congratulations on placing your order, Jimbo. A week is a long time in 300C delivery parlance! I reckon you will be well pleased with your choice of car. Although I don't do any towing myself, I know I've always got that option in the future. Try doing a search on "Kelvin". He will generally be found on the Australian forum, but often pops up here. Kelvin has a Touring + Caravan and he swears by the CRD's towing capabilities.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to the Dealer today to drop off the insurance docs. I sat in my car:cool: I felt like 10 yrs old again.

Tow bar gets fitted tomorrow. Still on target for pick up on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Jimbo, Why not run your car in with a nice trip up to New Lanark for the 4th May. I am sure we can make you feel as if you have come back home!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Jimbo, Why not run your car in with a nice trip up to New Lanark for the 4th May. I am sure we can make you feel as if you have come back home!!
Cheers John
Would love to, but overseeing a new contract at the moment so cannot get the time off. I will be in Edinburgh end of May so might be able to meet up then if the schedule is not too tight. Planning a tour with the new caravan round the highlands this summer. Keep a look out for road reports of a 'convoy exceptional' as the overall length of the outfit will be 43':cool:

PS ....just ordered the 'Bentley' Grill to be fitted:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Shame you can't join us in New Lanark but needs must where work is concerned. I thought the new caravan might well get broken in with a trip round Scotland. I remember loosing the side of a VW Passat when parked in Newtonmore and a 4 X 4 with caravan on tow tried to do a sharp right turn - forgetting that the rear left corner of the caravan would swing wide!!! Never felt quite the same about caravans since..............
You will like it even more with the "Bentley" grille.
Cheers John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's official. I am now the proud owner of a 300C CRD Touring:biggrin:

The 'birth' was not smooth running however. Tow bar electrics were the wrong ones and had only been delivered that morning so they did not find out that they did not fit until just before I got there. As I arrived I a little early I got a phone call on my mobile to say that the car would not be finished on time for midday collection.:thumbsdow

Picked the car up about four hours late but they gave me a voucher for a free first service. :fing02:

The car is every bit as I expected on the drive home :biggrin:. Got to take it back when the correct wiring loom arrives.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Congrats Jimbo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts