Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the threads here about ordering, status, '05, '06, gas guzzler tax, Spring delivery, September delivery. I just want to be sure I ask the right questions when placing the order.

The dealer has 3 already placed. I'm not sure what their status is. This is a fairly small dealership with regards to 300C sales so I don't know if that will play into allocation for the SRT-8?? He says he can place the order no problem. I expressed some concerns about wait time, whether it will be an '05 or '06 and if it's an '06 whether the price will be the same. Also mentioned the guzzler tax which he wasn't aware of.

So do I order the car and 'hope for the best' and just be happy that I got an 'order'? I can wait. Preferrably not longer than May/June, but I don't want any 'hidden caveats' to creap up which would totally sour the deal. I know they would have no problem with giving me back my deposit knowing they can sell the car in an hour.

BTW..Price is $40,800 with AY1 Option Group I, RC7 Radio Equipment and RSA Radio Equipment. So, basically sticker. Which I'm fine with for the first time in my life.

Appreciate any information.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
see some of my past threads. It should answer many of your questions. You will find out that you as the consumer will know more about the car than the dealer, especially the smaller ones. Some people on the forum work for dealers and have been a great help, especially RT4. I would suggest if you do decide to buy, that you possibly look into a dealership that can guarantee you an order. If they did order it for you, then you should get a Von #. Best of luck to you..........

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Johnny Vig said:
see some of my past threads. It should answer many of your questions. You will find out that you as the consumer will know more about the car than the dealer, especially the smaller ones. Some people on the forum work for dealers and have been a great help, especially RT4. I would suggest if you do decide to buy, that you possibly look into a dealership that can guarantee you an order. If they did order it for you, then you should get a Von #. Best of luck to you..........
I've been reading a lot of posts, including yours. The three orders that have in have VON #s.

I was a little discouraged this afternoon when I went in to make a deal and they couldn't get into DC's system. Could be a blessing in disguise because it's given me more time to do additional research.

I'll keep reading and we'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

Thanks..

Dan

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Johnny..If you don't mind, which dealer are you using?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Read more posts. Please let me know if these statements are accurate:

1) According to RT4 who seems to be closely connected to this whole process, '06 ordering is still unavailable. Was supposed to be available as of 1/24.

2) From everything else I've read, it looks like 'when' I can get my order in and confirmed, it will more than likely be a May or June delivery date.

3) Gas guzzler tax will more than likely apply.

4) Could be subject to new '06 pricing??

The dealer I'm working with obviously has the ability to place orders. They have 3 in already. He said they would probably get 5 cars in all tolled. I'm guessing that would be allocation above and beyond orders they place?

Thanks again..

Dan

·
Registered
334 Posts
Allocation is how many cars you get. If you're allocated 5 and have 5 orders, you'll get 5 sold order cars. If you're allocated 2 and have 5 sold orders in the system, you'll get 2 sold orders, and 3 sad customers.
On this specific vehicle, avoid small dealerships. The larger dealerships will get more SRT-8s. AND, imagine the demand when these hit the street and mainstream media. Get an order in at a large, 5-Star dealer, and be patient. :)
Also, a VON is useless.... I could give you a VON to an '05 SRT-8 in about 10 seconds, but it ain't gonna get built.
RT

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
RT4, thanks for helping out those of us who are new to the special order arena. I placed my order on Monday, 1/24/05 with a dealer who has allocation (at least 1, and that's me). After reading the thread indicating ordering for the 05s was closed and ordering for 06s hadn't opened, I checked with the dealer today who said the order went in, but they don't have a VON yet. I just want to be able to stay on top of this so my order doesn't fall through the cracks. Are orders for 06s being taken? What do I need to do next to make sure an SRT8 ends up in my garage? Thanks in advance.

Rick

[Also, a VON is useless.... I could give you a VON to an '05 SRT-8 in about 10 seconds, but it ain't gonna get built.
RT[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rt4 said:
Allocation is how many cars you get. If you're allocated 5 and have 5 orders, you'll get 5 sold order cars. If you're allocated 2 and have 5 sold orders in the system, you'll get 2 sold orders, and 3 sad customers.
On this specific vehicle, avoid small dealerships. The larger dealerships will get more SRT-8s. AND, imagine the demand when these hit the street and mainstream media. Get an order in at a large, 5-Star dealer, and be patient. :)
Also, a VON is useless.... I could give you a VON to an '05 SRT-8 in about 10 seconds, but it ain't gonna get built.
RT
Thanks very much for the info and for taking time out to answer this and all the other posts I've seen from you. Appreciate it.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts