Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i bought my 300c srt8 a few weeks back and i'm now realizing the brake scoring problem and squeling noise. My car is an 06 but it says 05/05 on the door. my question is should i ask the dealer for help? should they cover this? or should i just buy new rotors and brakes when these are shot? I work for Gm as a DVM and i would personally cover a vec like this under goodwill if it were a gm since its only got 7k. our rules are flexable at gm but generally they won't offer goodwill on a used car out of warrenty which is why i'm asking ya'll what you think. thanks in advance:grouphug:

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Welcome! Your car is an early 2006 BTW. I'm just heading out the door right now, but check out DaveZ for brakes. He's a supporting vendor here and most of us are using his Centric Posi Quiet pads. If you have a problem with dust he's your man!!! Normally I'd give you some links, but I just don't have the time right now. I'm sure others can point you in the right direction including the link for bedding the brakes.

The dealer won't be able to help you on the brakes other than selling you outragiously priced pads and rotors. The brake warranty is only 12 months or 12,000 miles anyway.

Bernie

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey guys, i bought my 300c srt8 a few weeks back and i'm now realizing the brake scoring problem and squeling noise. My car is an 06 but it says 05/05 on the door. my question is should i ask the dealer for help? should they cover this? or should i just buy new rotors and brakes when these are shot? I work for Gm as a DVM and i would personally cover a vec like this under goodwill if it were a gm since its only got 7k. our rules are flexable at gm but generally they won't offer goodwill on a used car out of warrenty which is why i'm asking ya'll what you think. thanks in advance:grouphug:
aske the dealer for help there is a TSB on this problem and if it was not taken care of before they are still required to do it. Be nice and you should not have any problem. If they refuse call Chrysler.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
aske the dealer for help there is a TSB on this problem and if it was not taken care of before they are still required to do it. Be nice and you should not have any problem. If they refuse call Chrysler.
TSB's aren't like recalls. Once the warranty is up you have to pay for this. Even if he was still under warranty the pads and rotors are only warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles.

There were a very few who managed to have this TSB done after the warranty period when it first came out, BUT their complaints had already been documented long before.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
oh so right

Rambit you are oh so right as always, my man!

My car was done just over 12K but due to my documenting the problem before the TSB became available. Otherwise you are crap out of luck.

Note that brakes are an easy job on these cars. Pads are available for under 100 bucks for all 4 wheels (quality ones!) and rotors are under 80 bucks each for genuine Mopar slotted!

Not exactly free but surprisingly cheap.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup both of you guys are spot on. See General Motors is alot more Lenient when it comes to Doing work on cars that are still in with mileage. Well I went to one of my dealers and told them the deal. They did it at cost for me which came out to be 421. I was happy since they did all four rotors and pads. Thanks for all your help guys

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Note that brakes are an easy job on these cars. Pads are available for under 100 bucks for all 4 wheels (quality ones!) and rotors are under 80 bucks each for genuine Mopar slotted!

Not exactly free but surprisingly cheap.[/QUOTE]

Really?? Can you point me in the direction of where I can pick these up because I am getting quoted over $700 everywhere I go.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
My car is squealing now too. It was hardly doing it when i got it just a couple months ago but now the squealing is getting a little louder. I had it in at the dealer and they told me the brake warranty was up at 10,000 miles or 1 year. My car is an 06 and has 16,000 miles on it now. Seems to be the usual time brake start needing replacement on the SRT's. Im about to order the posi quiet pads for mine and im trying to decide if i should replace the rotors or not. They seem to be evenly worn and in great shape. Im not sure if its good to replace just the pads though....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are they slotted or regular? if there regular, my opinion would be replace them. if there slotted then i'd go ahead and just replace the brakes. mine started to squel real bad at 7k. now with the slotted ones it very quiet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts