Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weenies at Consumer Reports, formerly my favorite read, seem to have a lackluster opinion of this car so far. Their rice burner bias is showing. My C seemed to have a problem or two at the beginning, such as a couple of seconds of rough idle when first started and an A/C glitch. The brainy computer has ironed out these problems on its on, without a visit to the dealer. Thanks to the same computer, I can burn regular gas if I so desire without hurting anything (except maybe the quarter mile). (Footnote: saw regular gas today in nearby Caryville FL for $1.65 a gallon, eat your hearts out).
EVIC gas mileage is around 24 at 70mph. Ride is a bit firm, handling is exceptional, wouldn't have it any other way. No one trying to race me here in the sticks but just let 'em try. Taking the C to Orlando area in January and can't wait, would normally take the Expedition to haul stuff but this trip won't be for hauling so the C goes. Hardest thing about driving a C is driving it slow.
Cops should be particularly understanding if they have ever driven the beast.
It's a great car. TL drivers take notice. :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm at 5500 and I still love just LOOKING at my C let alone getting in it and driving!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I missed one weekend washing the C (deer hunting trip). Every time I drive this car I like it better. I have only had two minor issues with the car and the dealer repaired those promptly. Gas has gone down 20 cents a gallon here in MS the last couple of weeks; paid $1.78 for mid-grade (89 octane) last night. I tried one tank of regular in mine and really didn't notice any differance but I think I will spend the extra $1.30-$1.60 a week to get the recommended octane. I drove to Florida for Thanksgiving (turned off I-10 at Caryville to get to Vernon) and got 23.7 MPG so I can't complain about fuel economy. My 69 Roadrunner with a 383 only got 14 MPG making that same trip (yes I am getting old).

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Over 1,700 miles since 11/15!! Boy they have been fun!! :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
5600 miles and lovin it! I go out of my way to find a reason to take it for a ride.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
6400 miles so far. The fun factor has not worn off. What is really wierd is this - I'm used to learning the quirks, shortcomings and limits of cars as I spend more time driving them.
With my C, it feels as though the car is doing the same thing about me! Sort of a Zen thing - hard to put into words - like a horse that loves to get out on the trail with you and go hard and go fast.

In short - I enjoy getting in and driving even more than when I first got it. :) :D :eek:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm at 8700 miles since purchasing around August 1rst of this year. Along with everyone else, the fun factor is still there.

I cannot ever recommend buying a Chrysler to anyone however. The assembly line faults, the "5 Star Dealers", the sales staff, and service advisors total lack of knowledge about the car ruin my ownership experience. I'd say my first Chrysler experience has been a horrible one. The car itself is awesome. I must have told atleast 20 people that exact thing at a Christmas party saturday night. The car itself is an amazing deal and one heck of a car. You trade off by owning a Chrysler and getting to deal with them.

I am more comfortable taking my own car apart then letting the boneheads at the dealer learn the simplest of tasks on my car. I read someone state that Chrysler should send each dealer a car and make them dissassemble and reassemble it for experience sake. I believe in this concept 100%.

I was quoted 4 hours of work to drop down my headliner for my Sirius install. I dropped the headliner myself using a 10mm wrench, a phillips screwdriver, and the service manual in my parking lot at work in less than 15minutes. I am not mechanically inclined.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
rogue said:
I'm at 8700 miles since purchasing around August 1rst of this year. Along with everyone else, the fun factor is still there.

I cannot ever recommend buying a Chrysler to anyone however. The assembly line faults, the "5 Star Dealers", the sales staff, and service advisors total lack of knowledge about the car ruin my ownership experience. I'd say my first Chrysler experience has been a horrible one. The car itself is awesome. I must have told atleast 20 people that exact thing at a Christmas party saturday night. The car itself is an amazing deal and one heck of a car. You trade off by owning a Chrysler and getting to deal with them.

I am more comfortable taking my own car apart then letting the boneheads at the dealer learn the simplest of tasks on my car. I read someone state that Chrysler should send each dealer a car and make them dissassemble and reassemble it for experience sake. I believe in this concept 100%.

I was quoted 4 hours of work to drop down my headliner for my Sirius install. I dropped the headliner myself using a 10mm wrench, a phillips screwdriver, and the service manual in my parking lot at work in less than 15minutes. I am not mechanically inclined.
Rogue, it's a pity you Socal folks have to endure such terrible dealers.

In 27 years of fleet purchasing for my business and my family, I have gone through 3 dealerships. The first was a GM dealer - good service, good deals, so-so products. In fact the products got so bad, I switched to Ford (mid 80's).

Better products, good deals, but bad service and unfortunately too many product quality issues. Went back to GM, then over to Chrysler in 95 because I knew the dealer and wanted a couple of minivans.

Since then, 32 Chrysler products - great deals, great service from this dealer (Metro Dodge Chrysler, Ottawa, On), and good to excellent products. Our fleet operating costs with Chrysler have been even lower than with GM.

Somewhere in Socal, there's got to be a competent, honest Chrysler dealership. . .

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I guess the Ol Lady loves the 300C - 6 months and 12k miles.
Now if I can get the right drift out of the Magnum Hemi I can drive it like I stole it and put some miles on it. Only 2k. I am getting tired of of using my E55 AMG as daily driver! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
pd171...
You made me tear up a little when you mentioned your 383 '69 Roadrunner. I had a '68. Those were the days, eh? Funny, I didn't think too much about the gas milage back then. You?

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Somewhere in Socal, there's got to be a competent, honest Chrysler dealership. . .
Oh, if only that were true! Anyone???

·
Registered
251 Posts
LAmagPearl said:
pd171...
You made me tear up a little when you mentioned your 383 '69 Roadrunner. I had a '68. Those were the days, eh? Funny, I didn't think too much about the gas milage back then. You?
Gas was 30 cent a gallon when I left for basic training in 1973 but 54 cent a gallon when I got my first leave. That was the first time OPEC started their stranglehold on the world.
-Yes those were the days. Lots of drag racing back then and there were a lot of fun cars from the big three.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts