Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my chrysler 300c hemi and I ain't gonna lie I was driving fast, then I notice that I had alot of steam coming from the engine bay, so I pulled over and seen that my radiator hose blow off, so I replace it with a new one with screw clamps and top it off with water because I didn't have antifreeze at the time, thinking it fixed the problem but then my car started over heat after putting water in it and a new hose and clamps and it can't be the thermostat because I put 180 degree thermostat on it so I open the antifreeze reservoir and all of the water boiled out it so I put more water in it and it still was over heated, could it be that I blow the head gaskets? or did the water pump go out

·
Registered
71 Posts
You had/have air in the system.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Also you may want to make sure the thermostat is actually working. If you bought one from autozone or advanced may be worth testing. Easy way is to put the thermostat in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Just as the water starts boiling you should see the thermostat open. If not then swap it out. Also if you dont have tuner to change when the fans comes they will continue to come on at a normal higher temp. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts