Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2005 5.7 300, i have taken really good care of my car over the 6 years that i have called it my own. Most recently on a trip that took about 4 hours at the mid point my check engine light came on well normally this does not scare me usally because it comes on when i gas up and dont have a proper seal on the gas cap well i pulled over checked the gas cap and checked the code to be sure it was the gas cap. No it reads p0016 cam/crank sensor missalignment and p2173 Throttle body actuator-High air flow detected. Well I found the nearest parts store and replaced both cam and crank sensors about an hour to finish. hooked the battery back up and went on my way. well about another hour into the drive it cam back on this time just the code p0016. Now i start doing more research on what this may be and i am seeing alot of people saying that they had to replace the timing chain. :scared: well from previous experiences i do not want to go down this path. and have been driving the car for over a month with the engine light on and today i got another beap from the check engine light. p2173 again with p0016. Can there be another issue that is making these 2 stay on? if not has anyone had any good to come out of changing the timing chain. O by the way i have 208k miles on the dash.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Here's an extcerpt from the service manual:

P2173-HIGH AIRFLOW/VACUUM LEAK DETECTED (SLOW ACCUMULATION)

When Monitored:
Ignition on and engine running with no MAP Sensor DTCs.

Set Condition:
A large vacuum leak has been detected or both of the TP Sensors have failed based on their position being
2.5 volts and the calculated MAP value is less than the Gas Flow Adaptation value is too high. One trip fault
the code will set within 5 seconds. ETC light will flash.

Possible Causes
VACUUM LEAK
RESISTANCE IN THE (F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
(F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN THE (K1) MAP SIGNAL CIRCUIT
(K1) MAP SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
RESISTANCE IN THE (F855) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
(F855) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN THE TP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT
TP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN THE (K922) TP SENSOR RETURN CIRCUIT