Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 CRD with 81K cranked but no start yesterday. MIL came on and P0335 logged. Third attempt and it started and been ok since.
Crankshaft Position Sensor was replaced under warranty back in 09. I'm guessing I need to get a new one. Any other ideas ?
Searching around it seems there are two versions, a 2 or 3 pin. Is there any way of checking which I have without getting under and pulling the connector? Would hate to buy the wrong one. Thanks :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that listing but no indication of pin numbers. Confused as to how they can list one item for all when other sites give two options.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I did see that listing but no indication of pin numbers. Confused as to how they can list one item for all when other sites give two options.
The Custom 300c guys are really helpful. Give them a call and I'm sure they'll explain

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contacted them and word is they are all 3 pin. I'd better get one for when it fails completely :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well almost a year later its reared its head again. P0335 and no start. I bought a sensor so now just have to get under and replace it. Any advice from someone who has changed one. Can I access it with the front just up on ramps ? Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't changed one myself - still running with original! See attached TSB for location. It looks as if it should be quite easy.
Thanks for that, 0.3 hrs suggests it shouldn't be too bad. I'll report back when done :)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
It's interesting that you actually have a DTC flagged, as often this doesn't happen when the sensor has failed. Perhaps it could be wiring, connector or something else. The CRD has a reputation for difficult starting from time to time and for no obvious reason. I've sometimes found that cranking before the glowplug light has extinguished has resulted in non-starting with subsequent attempts in quick succession also proving fruitless. The solution has been to give up for a few minutes and then have another go after waiting for a few seconds after the warning light has extinguished. If you experience such problems in the future, try checking the rev counter when cranking as if it moves, the the sensor is OK and the fault must be elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts