Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing help I have a p0430 on my 2013 300c v6 after changing spark plugs.
I replaced 02 sensors and still have p0430 the car runs fine with check engine light on. Where should I start any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the car has higher miles (150,000+), or has had a lot of bad gas ran through it, then you may indeed have a clogged up cat. A life of short drives where the engine doesn't fully warm up will contribute to a plugged up cat too. P0430 could also be a number of sensors on the intake side of the engine since its comparing how much air is going in and running an equation to see what the O2 levels going out should be. Then it compares that calculated number to what the O2 sensors are actually reading. Usually this will cause a code that involves another sensor or the upstream O2 sensor being out of acceptable range. Are there any other codes? If not then I would lean toward a plugged up cat.
If that's the case then you can try to...
(A) clean it- Take it off and soak it in a detergent for several hours to loosen up all the carbon build up then put it back on and rev the hell out of the engine to blow the junk out. Free but time consuming and not guaranteed to work if it's really clogged up.
(B) replace it- expensive but a sure fire way to make sure its not the cat
(C) Trick the engine into ignoring it- get a "spark plug non fouler" with the same threads as your O2 sensor and put it in between the exhaust and the O2 sensor. This will keep the O2 sensor out of the exhaust flow so it will measure a "healthier" number and the PCM will think everything is fine. Doesn't really fix the problem and with all the extra carbon you'll be releasing the butterfly effect says you'll poison an endangered species in the amazon rain forest in a few years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the car has higher miles (150,000+), or has had a lot of bad gas ran through it, then you may indeed have a clogged up cat. A life of short drives where the engine doesn't fully warm up will contribute to a plugged up cat too. P0430 could also be a number of sensors on the intake side of the engine since its comparing how much air is going in and running an equation to see what the O2 levels going out should be. Then it compares that calculated number to what the O2 sensors are actually reading. Usually this will cause a code that involves another sensor or the upstream O2 sensor being out of acceptable range. Are there any other codes? If not then I would lean toward a plugged up cat.
If that's the case then you can try to...
(A) clean it- Take it off and soak it in a detergent for several hours to loosen up all the carbon build up then put it back on and rev the hell out of the engine to blow the junk out. Free but time consuming and not guaranteed to work if it's really clogged up.
(B) replace it- expensive but a sure fire way to make sure its not the cat
(C) Trick the engine into ignoring it- get a "spark plug non fouler" with the same threads as your O2 sensor and put it in between the exhaust and the O2 sensor. This will keep the O2 sensor out of the exhaust flow so it will measure a "healthier" number and the PCM will think everything is fine. Doesn't really fix the problem and with all the extra carbon you'll be releasing the butterfly effect says you'll poison an endangered species in the amazon rain forest in a few years.
Question, what sensors are associated with p0430 I kind of don't think it's the cat.
As soon as I did speak plug change and a ignition coil I got this code

1 - 6 of 6 Posts