Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the "C" in this A.M. for a check engine light that came on last Friday and didn't go off after "several of your typical driving cycles."

For the P0520 code "oil pressure sensor circuit" I received an admonishment to use only 5W20 oil! Complete with an official looking "SERVICE BULLETIN" No. 09-015-04 dated Nov. 4, 2004. I told the service advisor I change the oil myself and that I use ONLY 5W20. He advised that I keep receipts showing the oil. I laughed inside myself. Receipts prove nothing. As a matter of fact I told him, I changed the oil the day after the CE light came on at 11,740 miles on the odometer. He suggested that some 'personal setting" in the EVIC may have to be reset after each oil change so that the CE light doesn't come on as an oil change reminder. If there is such a thing I will personally set it to a million miles so that it never lights again. I know when my vehicles need oil changes and don't need a reminder, especially one that I can't turn off after it's done its job! Royal pain in the subconscience.

The B1659 code "front fog lamp control" was covered by the TSB where they flashed the front control module (FCM). The service advisor said there are problems with these CAN bus cars. Yah, I know.

And, would you believe, the car actually got a wash job! First time ever, and even under warranty service. Attaboy.

Too bad (1) "oh shit" takes away 1000 attaboys! And the "oh shit"s are way out in the lead.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've gotten the P0520 2 times - it recycled after 3 to 4 drive cycles.
I knew what the code was as I checked it when the CEL was on by turning the key on/off 3 times....

Asked the dealer to check it and it had no stored codes.

I take 5/20 to the dealer (Mobil synthetic) and have them do my changes - they better be using my oil!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts