Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha, if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

2006 Chrysler 300 3.5 Limited

Been stalling at lights and stopped intermittently with oil light coming on. Discovered oil temp sensor was leaking. I cleaned and replaced sensor with new one and that made the stalling less frequent and no more oil light. Checked after a week and no oil in electrical connection.

Was driving and came off freeway and as I slowed down at light car stalled out. I turned off ignition and turned back on, pumping gas pedal a few times and car fired back up. Pulled codes when I got home and had P0404 (egr) and P0700 (tcm).

I disconnected Neg from battery and isolated in rag. Over the course of a week (could only work on it for an hour or two every day due to work, rain and light) I removed intake manifold and EGR valve. I cleaned everything I could with carb cleaner, brake cleaner, rags, cotton swabs and pipe cleaners (did not let cleaners get into electrical connectors). Sprayed electrical connectors with electrical contact cleaner and compressed air - let dry for a few hours. Put everything back together using new PCV valve and new EGR tube gaskets. Double checked all electrical connections were seated properly then reconnected Neg to battery.

When I tried to start though, dash lights flashed and all I heard was clicking. CEL turned on.

Turned off power and turned to ON and pulled codes P0562 (low voltage) and P0700 (tcm). Then I started hearing a nasty noise coming from fuse box in trunk - a loud buzzing. Turned power off. Went to back to open fuse box, had my girl turn key to On and heard no buzzing but dash lights were very dim and flickering as if the battery was losing power by the second, then codes started disappearing, one at a time, as if there wasn't even enough power for the reader.

I suspected the battery was weak before I started all this - could I have killed my battery by leaving it disconnected for a week?

I know it's a novel, but I appreciate it if you made it this far and have any advice. Mahalo! (Thank you!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just dawned on me this morning... I have an aftermarket alarm installed (Viper). I didn't think to check out any special instructions for disabling battery with after market alarm installed... sigh, I'm f'd, aren't I.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts