Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Have you fitted the new receivers mate ?

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Ok just an update. The new bits arrived this morning and I fit them in. The codes have been erased too with predator and everything seems fine...........:smile:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Cheers buddy :)

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Ok just an update. The new bits arrived this morning and I fit them in. The codes have been erased too with predator and everything seems fine...........:smile:
Excellent:fing02::fing02::fing02: Good News

Reactions: badgx

·
Registered
9,875 Posts
Result.........wonder why the stealers took so long???.....beer for badgx

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Were both receivers defective? Or you just did both as a precaution?
I don't know if both were defective or just one but I replaced both as precaution as it was more cost effective for me. Its working fine now and I'm hoping it will last for some years :) I certainly don't want to see anyone here to go through this, so I hope this thread useful.

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Result.........wonder why the stealers took so long???.....beer for badgx
Beer, oh yes, bell me anytime buddy for a pint or 2 ;)
Credit has to go to crisp though, as it was the disconnecting the plugs that did the trick. Took the C today, did around 30 miles, no fault codes on predator and its running sweet like a bee.

Reactions: chrisp

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Its on the house for you buddy :fing02:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2006 Chrysler 300C 3.5L sedan. I insert the key but there is no mechanical buzz noise (the steering wheel being unlocked) and the dash lights momentarily flash then disappear. When I turn the key, the engine turns over but shuts off after three seconds. Turn the key another five times (six in total) and the car goes into lockdown mode and has to be towed to the dealer for unlocking, replacement parts (key lock, SKIM module and two new FOB keys) and reprogramming. The first tell tale sign is there is no buzz noise when you insert the key, so if you don't hear it don't bother turning the key or you are only going to make it worse. If possible, try replacing the battery in the key (CR3032 in mine) or inserting and removing the key until you hear the buzz sound before turning the key to start. Generally speaking, it is more likely the microchip inside the key is malfunctioning or otherwise it's the SKIM module inside the steering column that doesn't work - not both. If after replacing the SKIM module the same issue arises, then it's the keys too (which unfortunately was my issue). It also doesn't work to leave one of the keys inserted and lock/unlock with the spare key because the connection will still drop out. It is possible to program the new keys yourself, but your old keys need to work (buzz sound when inserted). I'm lucky because James Frizelle's in Southport, Queensland, Australia gave me a very competitive price, so doing the keys won't cost me too much more. It's a good idea to have more than one spare key just in case this happens again. If you're wondering why Chrysler 300s have such high security, there was a big commotion on My Fox Detroit with Scott Lewis about Chryslers being so easy to steal that 12-year-olds could break in and start the car with just a screwdriver. Since news spread, Chrysler has made Sentry engine immobilizers standard on all modern models. Unfortunately, in this case the high-security is overkill and creates new problems that are very expensive to fix ($2300+).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys I have the same problem I'm going to go the dealers on the weekend as I work away with the army and demand they disconnect these TPMS transponders like I asked the other day. They made me order a new starter and PCM from them even though there was no fault code for PCM.
I'm praying I get my car to start as I'm missing not driving it at the moment.

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I just posted on your other thread. Yes, I would definitely unplug the TPMS transponders, they are attached to the front bumper on each side behind the plastic wheel arch cover. No point stripping other electronics apart until you tried unplugging the transponders.

Hope it gets sorted & good luck mate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, my car let me down today and it can't be driven until its problem is sorted.

Basically when I put the keys in the ignition the engine initially turned over but within seconds it cut out. The same happened on the second try but on the third try the starter didn't turn.

Also the steering wheel is not locking. Normally you would hear a noise when the steering wheel unlocks as you insert the keys into barrel. I believe its now permanently unlocked.

I got the car recovered and when I got home I tried the spare key but its the same, its not turning.

I plugged in the predator and its showing codes p0685 and also p0513, listed as 'ecm/pcm power relay control circuit/OPEN' and the other as 'incorrect immobilizer key' on the predator.

What could possibly be wrong and where is the ecm/pcm power relay circuit??????

relays- that what was with mine and car was doing same - no lights on dash, cuts off engine after 3 s, you try 3 times and its dead, then the steering lock. The first time I had a key programmed etc. next day same .
today the relays have been changed and everything works. I'm going to connect the computer to be sure, before putting everything together
It took me a month to find out

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
179 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YOU WIN for responding to a message thread that hasn't been active in over 7 years.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.