Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

P0700 code

36K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  mark.wccfofreno 
#1 ·
the P0070 comes up once in a while, had the car in just after I bought it(less than 24 hoursafter) and they said it was a blown fuse and the computer didn't have a registered tire size in it. Engine light would stay on for between 10 to 36 hrs then go off on its own since then. anyone else have this problem?

#3 ·
Is it P0700 or P0070?

This isn't going be much help, but here is from the Service Manual.
Dealer will have to figure this out.

P0070 - AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR STUCK
² When Monitored:
With the ignition on.
² Set Condition:
The Ambient Air Temperature Sensor signal over CAN Bus from the FCM is implausible.

Possible Causes
INTERMITTENT DTC
FRONT CONTROL MODULE
AMBIENT TEMPERATURE SENSOR

P0700-TRANSMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM (MIL REQUEST)
² When Monitored:
Ignition on and battery voltage greater than 10 volts.
² Set Condition:
An active DTC is stored in the TCM. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

Possible Causes
DTC PRESENT IN THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE
Always perform the Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. (Refer to 9 - ENGINE - DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING).

Diagnostic Test
1. DTC PRESENT IN TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE
This is an informational DTC letting you know that a DTC(s) is stored in the Transmission Control Module.
Erase this DTC from the PCM after all Transmission DTC(s) have been repaired.
Using a scan tool, read the Transmission Controller DTC and refer to the Transmission Category and perform the appropriate symptom.

#4 ·
I have the P0700 code on as well. I cleared it with the predator and will wait and see if it comes on again. My wife said that the car wouldn't accelerate for a minute and so she pulled off, turned the car off and then back on. She noticed the check engine light on around the same time that it wouldn't accelerate.
I think I am the third owner so there is no chance of powertrain warranty anyway. I figure if the light comes back on I can restore the stock tune and then take it in. I've had the 93 CAI tune on there since August with no issues. I have read back through the 5 threads that address this issue and it seems it is one of a few issues.

#5 ·
Same thing happened to me this morning, nice way to start 2009 BTW. Well it would not go so I had it towed to nearest chrysler dealership, closed for today so I have to wait for them to check it out when they open back up.

#8 ·
Diegog sorry to hear bout that, Hopefully its nothing serious. Add another to the list. I too received the p0700 code this morning driving to work. Hit some ice as I was giving it gas and Bam code appears. I also have Diablo Predator 91oct canned tune. I Pulled over, put in park & turn engine off. I started engine back up & car drove (thank god). The car drove okay but wouldnt shift higher than 4k rpm. I stopped at gas station to return orignal stock back up & Check engine light went off. Car drove better, was a lil scared to give it gas for the fear the dang light would come on again. Will check lunch break & get back to you guys. Hopefully nothing too serious. Is this common for our cars???

#9 · (Edited)
That is what mine did but it would not go forward at all, I would take fuse 11 out and it would go about 10 ft and do it again. I parked and had towed right then, mine is still in the shop. Tech guy told me it had moisture and that it was something internal gone bad (torque converter) I bought mine used from a dealer(not Chrysler) but thank god I bought an extended warranty!!!

#10 ·
I also have the code P0700. My issues are sometimes it will drive fine with no problems and then the ghost appears, it will shut off but always restarts. I do get some issues with it feeling like it wants to cut off but I hit the pedal RPM's drop a bit and damn drives fine. (CHK eng. light on) It seems as if sometimes the pedal is not making a complete signal to the TB. What the hell this seems to be a common problem. I feel as I have a fine car but when it act's up I feel like $hit.

#11 ·
Well I have tried most everything. I replaced: Map sensor, Purge valve solenoid, PCV valve, Spark plugs, fuel pump. I still have the stalling issue. I will be purchasing a new ignition and order a new key 2/6/09. If this does not fix the stalling issue there will be a very noce 06 300C 32K miles being parted out this weekend....:yuck:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.