Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding 2013 300C with a 5.7 RWD and 5spd auto...so this code continued to appear for awhile until it stayed on constantly. The symptoms were simply related to engaging lockup mode on the converter. Get the car to 70mph or so and back off the gas and the car would immediately feel (from a throttle response perspective) like it went into limp mode, sometimes for as long as what seemed like 8-10 seconds before I would regain throttle response. My question is whether one of the solenoids on the plate with the speed sensors on top of the valve body controls this function. Can't seem to get a straight answer. I know some of them control the 1-2 shift, 2-3 shift, etc. but I just had a reputable shop tell me the entire valve body needs to be replaced with that error code. Seems pretty harsh IMHO. I know what the valve body does but the code leads one to believe a solenoid is the guilty culprit. If this is defined by a valve or valves in the valve body itself then another simple question comes about...

When I had the vehicle in, I had another non-transmission issue fixed which was throwing a different code. Of course they cleared the codes and the 15 mile drive home was flawless. The converter lockup was working and since no codes existed, MDS was working properly as well. So, with this being said, how can a "mechanical" moving part be to blame for the P0741 error code? Obviously, all mechanical parts were working fine during my drive home. If this is an electronic/sensor issue, where is the sensor/solenoid? I'm assuming it could be one of the ones on the speed sensor plate but despite the number of articles I've read, it is not clear anywhere.

I don't have an issue paying a good mechanic to do work but when there are things I can do and the labor charge is out the window, I'll opt to do it myself. If the only real fix for this is to replace the valve body, I can nail down a new one for this tranny for just over $500, sensor plate included but I'm just having a difficult time agreeing that is the fix. Shop wanted over $1400 to replace the valve body... a bit pricey IMHO.

Thoughts or anyone else with a similar issue/experience?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you seen this thread: diagnostic code p0741
Yep....still feels like an overkill repair. For what it is worth, drove the car around a variety of terrain yesterday, city, highway, etc. and the thing ran better than the day I bought it. I guess with as much as I'd like to apply some old-school logic to this troubleshooting, it isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I'm going to replace fluid/filter and would like to replace the TCC solenoid for starters. Worst case scenario is I pull the pan again and swap out the valve body which in most purchases I am seeing for Mopar parts comes with a new conductor plate and solenoids.

Only question I have is are all of the solenoids the same part with only the position on the conductor plate dictating which solenoid does what? I think I have found Mopar part number 52108314AB but when you look in other places it appears you can buy a pack of 6 solenoids for the NAG1 transmission and they all look the same. Is the part specific or are they all the same?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts