Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I did the simple job of replacing the throttle body (TB) on my 06 300C SRT8, something I've done on my 3 Hemis quite a few times over the past 16 years. This time, however, I received the above active DTC's and it would only idle, no throttle response at all. After doing a bit of research, so far, I've discovered that replacing the throttle body has never fixed the problem. For that matter, I haven't found (on these forums) any actual fix for this issue. I can also verify the throttle body won't fix this, as I've tried 3 different known good throttle bodies and the codes and symptoms always stayed the same. My advanced scanner (Autel MS906BT) won't even let me complete the throttle relearn procedure. It start the routine and then kicks me back to the menu when I push the throttle pedal to the floor as directed. Also, most of the time I'll only get the P2115, P2116 DTC's, but occasionally I'll get all four codes. Everything worked fine until the swap, so about the only thing I can think of is some sort of wiring or other component problem, even though the only electronic thing I touched was the throttle body plug.

Some of the troubleshooting issues indicate a problem between the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and/or the Pedal Position Sensor (PPS) and the PCM, or a short/open between one of these components and the throttle body or PCM. Checking the TB wires and TPS and PPS do and from the PCM will be my next step. This one seems to be a real PITA......at least so far.

If anyone has had this problem and found a repair that works, I'd sure appreciate the input..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts