Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this happened to anyone out there? The bad news is the paint on the filler strip (looks to be plastic) between the roof and the top of the doors is cracking in about 6 different spots. The passenger side is much worse than the driver side. I took pictures but you really couldn't see the problem. The good new is it's being fixed under warranty. Have to take it in on the 12th. Will keep you posted. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
my05c said:
Has this happened to anyone out there? The bad news is the paint on the filler strip (looks to be plastic) between the roof and the top of the doors is cracking in about 6 different spots. The passenger side is much worse than the driver side. I took pictures but you really couldn't see the problem. The good new is it's being fixed under warranty. Have to take it in on the 12th. Will keep you posted. :)
I have 2 cracks on pass side. Hmmm fixed under warranty...will have to check that out.

2005 300C
delivered 10/04
10k miles

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have cracks all down both sides of the roof rails and when i reported it they said they would look in to it. that was almost 5 months ago and still no word but they havent forgotten so they keep telling me. they say that sofar this is an isolated case and are currently "taking it up" with the service rep. I also have minor chrome blistering in the front end and again same story.
so if anyone has better luck with this problem please post your succes.

·
Registered
909 Posts
2005 or 2006

Which year do you guys have?

How long have you had your cars before noticing this?

·
Registered
199 Posts
got mine in Nov last year and noticed it 5 months ago.
dose it matter between the years do you think?
differant types of paint?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2005 with 8200 mi, bought in February, 2005. I noticed a couple paint cracks in the roof rails a few months ago, and they've been breeding since then. I'll add this to my list of warranty items when I take her in this month.

List
-----
Paint Cracks
Windshield Popping
Backseat Leather
Extremely Loud Valves (may be the norm?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Easy E said:
I have a 2005 with 8200 mi, bought in February, 2005. I noticed a couple paint cracks in the roof rails a few months ago, and they've been breeding since then. I'll add this to my list of warranty items when I take her in this month.

List
-----
Paint Cracks
Windshield Popping
Backseat Leather
Extremely Loud Valves (may be the norm?)
I have a 2005, purchased March, noticed cracks soon after but waited for 1st service to tell dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem with my 05. Only had my car for a few months and less than 3000 miles. I will speak with my dealer at the next oil change...

·
Registered
124 Posts
mhh333 said:
I have the same problem with my 05. Only had my car for a few months and less than 3000 miles. I will speak with my dealer at the next oil change...
I originally had one but recently another appeared, both on the drivers side.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi,

I have an "06 that is about 3 months old. i have a couple of what llok like scratches in the roof rail, and could not figure out how they could have gotten there. Now, I am not so sure that they are scratches, but might be cracks. How do you tell for sure?

Phil

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi,

I have an 06 that is about 3 months old. I have a couple of what look like scratches in the roof rail, and could not figure out how they could have gotten there. Now, I am not so sure that they are scratches, but might be cracks. How do you tell for sure?

Phil

·
Registered
24 Posts
The clear cracks in the hot sun...they are just like body side moldings but painted...I got mine changed at the dealer under warranty and they have been good for over a month now…

·
Registered
159 Posts
hollywood said:
The clear cracks in the hot sun...they are just like body side moldings but painted...I got mine changed at the dealer under warranty and they have been good for over a month now…
do the strips come out? How are they changed? I don't want the roof of the car painted.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Could somebody please post a picture of the area they are referring to? A good one of the cracks would be nice too.

Thanks!

JFF:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thats funny, I've been wanting to post this for a while now also. Just been waiting to grab the good camera from work to post some pics. I noticed about 6 cracks on each side a few months ago. 05 with 10,000 miles. I was hoping this would be covered under warranty. I'll go run out now and take a few pics and post!

Chewy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Chewbacca said:
Alright, here are a few pics of the scratches that are right above the drivers side door. I hate looking at that fork shaped scratch! :mad:
good pics, mine are one the passenger side near the front. the first on is about 2 inches back from the winsheild and the second one is another inch from that. Mine are also single and straight no spider web affect.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Chewbacca,

Thanks for the GREAT pictures. I will have to check my 01/05 300C for this, but right now I don't think this is happening to me yet.

JFF:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts