Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefinedundefinedundefined

Anyone notices any paint flaws? Or slight defects in their paint under the clear coat? I have small specks all over on the hood as well as a few big ones. I only noticed the hood since i got to waxing it. Anyone have suggestions i gettin out some scratches in the clear coat? The car had them straight from the dealer but they told us not to worry bring it back and we will take care of them, so went back. Told us SOL, you guys did those yourself. Wax and Polish not removing them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Go to detailcity.com and autopia.org to learn how to get out the scratches. I bought a porter cable polisher that works really well once you get the aftermarket polishing pads and the appropriate polish. By hand I have heard the meguires scratchx works well but I have not used it personally.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My 300C had dripping paint dried up on the right rear fender from the factory which had to be buffed out by the dealer. There is also some marks that are covered by the clear coat that need to be fixed by my dealer. Im not impressed by the paint job on the 300C but what can you do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Like I've said elsewhere, I've yet to find a perfect paint job on any assembly line painted vehicle, no matter what the cost. And that includes BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes. Mine has about 10 'bumps' located at various places around the car. It also has what looks like a touch up job on a scratch possibly done at the factory as it's under the clearcoat, on the right front quarter panel. None of these are really noticeable unless you are detailing the car. Have no desire to take it to the dealer to have em fix them either.
On a side note, my 2002 Chevy 2500HD, which I thoroughly detailed with claybar, zaino, etc, that paint job didn't have one flaw, not even typical orange peel. I've always been very happy with GM's paint quality and performance. In fact so much, that I will most likely be 'downgrading' to a 2005 GTO before summer's end :) Man, it sure will be nice to be 'rowing through the gears' again. :D
BTW - I've heard of that before. The dealer will tell you to not worry about it and that they will fix it right up at a later date, only to screw you after they've made their sale. Let the buyer beware.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had two large areas under the clear coat on my black 300c that looked like someone had bounced two basketballs off of the drivers side while the black paint was still wet. I took it back to my dealer and the person in the body shop said that it looked like the paint had moisture under the clear coat???? I was hesitant to believe that, but I let them buff it out and now you can't even tell anything was there! That was over 3 months ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts