Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has had problems with uk CRD paint finishes on their 300c. I have a 56 plate CRD saloon in bright silver which I brought from Stratstones in November second hand, waited three years to get one !!! my wife gave in with me keep going on about them especially pointing them out everytime we saw one.
Anyway I love the car to bits, however in December we had our first real good days where I could give the car a good detail, once really clean and in the first bright sunlight I noticed that the nearside doors looked very patchy, the best way to describe and being from the motor trade and bodyshop industry some years ago, it looks as though the basecoat is not sprayed evenly.
To cut a long story short starting to have a battle with Chrysler who are now going to send out a tech guy as they will not take the word of the local chrysler agent who have put an estimate in to repair under warranty, dealer checked and said not been repaired. The paint on a really nice day lets the car down for me, maybe original owner not that fussy, has anyone else found similiar on their car perhaps, any suggestions on how to also play this with chrysler or stratstone who sold me it. Thanks alot.
Phil.

·
Registered
184 Posts
my car is only just over a week old (even though it was made may last year). I'll just have to keep an eye on the paint. Perhaps though my untrained eye wouldn't recognise the problem in the first place, which could be why the previous owner didn't notice?

best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
...this is a common problem with the Chrysler silver. You are not the first to notice it. I have seen a few silver ones here in Australia with the same problem.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
the paint is a bit thin too,bloody cheapskates

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another Aussie with same problem,bright silver patchy,Chyrsler head office say that all silver cars have this problem.not so, we also have a Honda euro accord that is silver,no patchy paint on that.Is it worth all people with this issue to complain together?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh!

I haven't seen this yet but it threatens to be fine on Sunday so I will be cleaning the car and checking the finish. I am already into Chrysler UK about 3 dodgy wheels and the poor chrome on the grille. So far my Sytner dealer is offering the requisite support but I had not anticipated that Chrysler Group would go against the dealership's decision's and therby provide a further hurdle. Obvious I suppose and naive of me to think otherwise. I guess the dealer makes the markup on warranty work and DCG would rather not pay it.

Bit of a stickler about my cars and abhor sh_t service from Big Companys so tend to make a noise if necessary. I find that you can get a good service if you are vocal enough. Also think I'm becoming a grumpy old man.
My dad, long dead, would be proud.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to you all for your feedback will keep you posted what happens awaiting man from chrysler to inspect very soon i hope, this has been going on now for nearly 4 months not impressed with chrysler but am with the car

phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Further to my comments from Melbourne Head office ,thats it ,thats how it comes out the spray gun!! did not want to see car in my garage how I see each day. I understand cars into Australia come from Austria,is this so for UK cars?

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
yep,some factory in Graf or sumat like that

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
The factory is in Graz - birthplace or Arnie Swarzn...... well yon fella that's governor of California. They build all non N American cars, all diesels and all of the Touring models. N American cars are built at Brampton in Canada.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
arent some US cars made in Mexico too or is that just the engines,or am I just mad.lol

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I dont need a N American to tell me I'm mad.lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts