Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took our new silver C through the automatic carwash on Saturday, and it rained like crazy on Sunday night. But when decided to give her a handwash on Monday afternoon, I noticed that something muddy had splattered on the sides of the car behind the tires. The problem is, when I tried to wash it off, IT LEFT A PERMANENT STAIN IN THE PAINT...UNBELIEVABLE!!! It seems to only have affected the rocker panel and rear bumper but still, I've never owned a car that stained when it got dirty. Is this normal or is there something very, very wrong with this picture? Has anyone spoken to Chrysler about this issue and, if so, is there a fix (i.e. time, bleach, anything!). Mud guards or not, I shouldn't have to wash this car daily to keep the paint from staining when it gets dirty...

·
Registered
107 Posts
We drove through some water that had stone coloring in it, because the neighbor was having a new driveway put in. Later I noticed that the stains were on the inside wheel wells. It came off after some elbow grease. One thing I alway do is drive very slowly through any standing water. It looks like you ran over some caustic liquid. Try checking with a good detail/body shop and see if they can help.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Red clay?

Is this a red stain - as in Southern red clay? If so, this may be something that would happen regardless of the car, on any lighter color. The pigment in red clay is infamous for permanent staining.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what it was we ran over, but it wasn't red clay. Looked more like a bark brown or grey substance. I've tried using degreaser and Cleaner Wax to remove so far, but with no luck. I haven't tried using a clay bar yet. I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

What is so strange is that II Kings and E55 Kev noticed the same problem on their cars, and it seemed to only affect the non-metal body panels on the car (i.e. rocker panels, rear bumper, etc.).

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Clay is probably the best method. If that doesn't work, talk to your local auto paint supply about trying a reducer. That's really sad, I wish you good luck.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Clay is the way to go and I was defeated (first time clay failed) with the stains on my rockers using clay. Thankfully the bumper cleaned easily with clay. It seems to me there is no clear coat on the rockers, idiotic. This is why I put the splash guards on (a little late). My cool Vanilla stains with bird poop but clays (after washing ) easily with no permanent stains b/c of the clear coat. Since the rocker stains are noticible only to me and mild (looks like golden oil) I will not go to a body shop. If you need a shop, let us know if there is clear coat and I am sure they will apply some after repair.Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts