Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not hard at all I think every car I ever had I pained either the factory or projector lenses. You can either put it in the oven or use a head gun to heat glue around the lense. When the glue gets soft enought you just peel it apart. Sand it down and mask any part you don't want painted and spray it. Finally I used clear silicone and siliconed around headlight and put lense on and used clamps to hold together until it dried. If you did it before there all the same no matter what car it is.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice DIY.How hard was it to remove them from the car.Looks good.
Easier than I thought, I figured it out by reading a post on here. Its 3 screws two on top and another on the bottom which I used a ratchet with a screw bit and unscrew from behind the headlight. Its takes a little arm and elbow bending but not to hard.

·
Registered
470 Posts
it looks really nice, i want to do that to mine but im scared i mess up the headlights. i tried it once on a sc300 i had and melted the headlight. lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it looks really nice, i want to do that to mine but im scared i mess up the headlights. i tried it once on a sc300 i had and melted the headlight. lol
yeah thats why if you havent done it before I would pass on the oven! Try the heatgun, it takes a little longer but you wont melt your headlights. Just heat where the lense and headlamp meet around the headlights for a good 5min or more and start from one side and work your way until it starts to come apart. Once you get it started to seperate its alot easier. I used two flat head screwdrivers to pry open. Also if it gets messy with the glue Oops all purpose paint etc remover works good. That Goo Gone stuff is so strong it will eat up the plastic on lense and make it foggy. Out of all the removers I used its the best on plastics, its not to strong but easily removes overspray and and adhesives.

·
Registered
566 Posts
They look good. I wonder how they would look color matched? Nice work though!

Also, are the fog light inserts totally painted or just the tips? I like that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What type of paint did you use? Also did you lightly sand inside housing of the light before you painted it?? Im thinking of doing this to mine but painting the entire inside of the house matte black.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes the fogs are totally painted and I cut out the vents. As far as sanding I did sand lightly to scuff up chrome and painted a gloss black. I sprayed it flat to see how it looked but wasn't dark enough. My first idea was to paint it white but I would have to bring it paint shop cause I didn't want a different shade of white. Color matched would look Sweet!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I wanna see someone color match the white on white. I think it will look Sick like a corvette lights.
So do I. I might try it but if i do i want to put halo's in while the lights are apart. I would like to see it done first just in case i don't like it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts