Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my dealer's body shop how much to paint a set (4) mudguards to match my BB 300C.

I was quoted a price of $170. :eek:

Is this a "reasonable" price, or have others here had this done much cheaper than this??

Thanbks to all who reply!

JFF:D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Just my opinion

JustForFun said:
I asked my dealer's body shop how much to paint a set (4) mudguards to match my BB 300C.

Is this a "reasonable" price, or have others here had this done much cheaper than this??

You could do them yourself,at a MUCH cheaper price,
and have the satisfaction that you did it yourself.
Again JMO

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
JustForFun said:

I can buy a freakin 27" color TV for that kind of money. Check a local body shop or better yet, DIY. The quality of the shop will probably be better esp. with black, my cool vanilla is a very forgiving color.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does that price include the flaps or just to paint & put them on?

What good timing for this thread. I also have a BB 300C. I was just getting ready to call my dealer and get a price for the exact same thing. I can put the mud flaps on myself (actually my husband will do it) that is not a problem, but what do you suggest to get them painted? I don't want to leave them the flat black. I figure by the time the body shop buys a pint of paint and the cost of their labor, then add in the $80 to buy the flaps, $170 is probably in the ball park...what does everyone else think?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
$80 for the flaps, $22 for base coat & clearcoat paint=$102.
An hour of your time-?
Overall effect-Priceless

·
Registered
375 Posts
I paid $150 for the silver - then messed up my pretty new clear coated pro job when I installed them while drilling the holes in the back flaps.

They look great and I would not have been able to make them look that good myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
$170 for what

JustForFun said:

$170 just to paint them?
I got mine from wyckoff for $68.and had them painted for $50,did the install myself (and you don't even have to take the wheels off to do it)

·
Registered
31 Posts
jjs - Thank You! As always, this Forum is the best place for information! Now I have to put this on my "honey do" list! Thanks again for posting the link.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, the price I was quoted was JUST to paint them!

I knew they were way ridiculous. I will just buy them, paint them myself, and install them myself. Much cheaper.

Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
high groove said:
jjs - Thank You! As always, this Forum is the best place for information! Now I have to put this on my "honey do" list! Thanks again for posting the link.

No prob! Actually this thread came at a good time...I keep forgetting to order the guards so I can get this project under way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts