Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i sent jon over at jonstintedtails.com an email about getting my tails tinted except for the clear part.....i want them to be rather dark and not give off that redish undertone i have seen from others taiting their tails (using a medium tint). he said there are two ways of going about this-
-use dark tint and clearcoat
-paint them to match

im think they would look excellent painted to match the black color of the car, but i worry about safety issues; people not being able to clearly see my lights or turning signals at both day and not and of course the dreaded threat of being frequently pulled over.

so has anyone had any experience with painting their tails rather than tinting (especially from jonstintedtails.com) and can offer me any imput as well as pictures? im really want to get this mod done as i am having the rear wing shaved off the trunk and think painted tails would blend nicely, but im still very hung up about painting vs. DARK tinting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am having Jon do a medium tint (with break lights left clear). He is mixing in the brilliant black paint for the car into the tint paint so that it will match the car body more closely. I am expecting the lights back sometime early next week and I will post pictures as soon as I get them installed.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
ABlackC said:
I am having Jon do a medium tint (with break lights left clear). He is mixing in the brilliant black paint for the car into the tint paint so that it will match the car body more closely. I am expecting the lights back sometime early next week and I will post pictures as soon as I get them installed.
That should look sweeet on your black C. :D He does great work.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AblackC.......jon informed me that he was doing a pair of tails like that, so i assume its you. anyways i wanted him to do the same, except very dark so it blends more with the car (im anxious to see how your medium will come out). im just worried about people being able to see my rear lights clearly and getting pulled over frequently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jon just emailed me to say that the lights got shipped out on Thursday so I should have pictures up early next week. Its still under 30 degrees here in Ohio so I hope the pictures come out well with the car in the garage near the space heaters...brrrrr.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can someone, as in someone far more talented than me, do a photochop of a tailight painted black, but with circles cut out where the red lights are and the reverse lights trimmed clear as well? I've been considering tinting the lights, but I had a very bad experience with my last truck in that regard. It was a black Durango, I had tailight lenses on it that were slotted, so the brake light showed through, but certainly not like the stock. I got rearended, and the damn insurance people ended up paying out like it was my fault because I'd 'modified' the tail lenses.

So, I'm a tad paranoid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts