Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking at painting my hemi engine cover and I have the following questions:

1) Can I use regular automotive spray paint (along with primer and clear) or do I have to use a special paint.
2) I have a Satin Jade pearl 300c and i dont think I want my Engine cover to match the cars paint, so what colour(s) would you guys suggest and think would go nice with the rest of the car.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I had my engine cover color matched (Magnesium Pearl) and I just went to the dealer and bought the touch up spray paint (aerosol can). I used about 3 coats of that and about 4 coats of clear and it looked awesome.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my engine cover color matched (Magnesium Pearl) and I just went to the dealer and bought the touch up spray paint (aerosol can). I used about 3 coats of that and about 4 coats of clear and it looked awesome.
have you run into any issues with the paint such as it flaking off? How long ago did you have it done?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
No problems with the paint. I did it about 6 months ago and it still looked awesome (going a different direction now). Went with a design that I'm working on.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts