Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a panel gap that seems a bit too large between the front fascia and the hood?
I think mine is too large, and was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to re adjust the fascia somehow to pull it closer in towards the hood?
If it can be done, how did you do it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Thought it was just me, becasue initially this was actually one of the first things I noticed w/ fit/finish on this vehicle before I decided to purchase! I've since come to the conclusion (although not confirmed) that Chrysler intentionally put this gap there to allow for additional air flow. When you think about it, w/ a monster of a 6.4L HEMI still made w/ an iron block under the hood, all the cooling that can be had is every bit necessary and being that the 300 SRT has no hood louvers or side vents (they must've decided that a "slick" body profile provided better external aesthetics), I'm thinking the "gap" is how they chose to compensate for additional air flow to the engine....my guess anyway... :silly:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Charger and Cherokee have active cooling on the hoods. Challenger has air intakes. We got nothing; I'm not sure on the gap if it's engineered to be there or not, but if it was I'd imagine it would look a lot more like the gap on the LFA.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still would like to find out how to close that gap. If it runs hot, I'll put in that 180 degree thermostat I've been contemplating, and use the trinity I just got to lower the temp at which the electric fans kick in.
The gap is bugging me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts