Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 C with Panoramic Sunroof

Wind noise when driving over 20mph. When on the highway, it sounds like there is a window open. The noise is coming from the sunroof where the 2 panes of glass meet, under the plastic dress cover.

Anyone else have this issue? Is this an adjustment? When I look at it from the outside, all looks to be sealed properly, but I think when the vehicle is underway or there is air pressure inside the cabin (from AC, etc.) then perhaps the back of the front pane is lifting a little.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,160 Posts
Are you sure the noise is coming form sunroof? I only ask as there is a bulletin to address wind noise at the A pillar:

23-044-11

SUBJECT:
Windnoise At Left And/Or Right Front Door At A-Pillar

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the front door primary weatherstrip seal assemblies in order to eliminate windnoise.

MODELS:
2011 (LD) Charger
2011 (LX) 300

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience a whistle or hum near the A-Pillar at higher driving speeds.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer worked on fixing the sunshade and it seems like it started after that. The air sound is definitely coming from the seam area in the middle of the roof where the glass panels meet, right above the black plastic box. The box just looks like a cover of some sort. It does not seem to have any weatherstrip on it, so I don't know if that was supposed to cover and seal the seam when closed. It is definitely worse when the air conditioning is on, and if I push up gently on the rear portion of the front glass panel, it gets worse, so it seems that although it looks closed from the outside, it has some play that allows the air pressure in the car open it enough to cause wind noise to be quite apparent. Does this sound right? Does anyone know if there is an adjustment on the close tension or if there is supposed to be a gasket or seal of some sort on the black plastic cover? This will go into the dealer under warranty, but I find it best to be armed with as much fellow owner info as possible. Thanks for the answers and any more info anyone can provide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wind Noise from the 2012 Chrysler Sunroof (Panaromic)

Hello There

If you experiencing wind noise I assume it needs alignment of the sunroof glass its short job , but make sure to test drive the car again before collecting it :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not sure if anyone agrees, but is the wind noise the worst on these new 300's? My Magnum and friends 1st Gen 300 are much quieter in vent or fully open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts