Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just checking if it has been sorted? Did you replace the module, check the wiring & sensors?
Been looking for the module this afternoon but i can' t find the thing, gonna look through one of the service manuals tonight to try and find the location, even tried looking underneath the bumper but cannot see anything as i have a towbar, i'm not even sure what the module looks like.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Been looking for the module this afternoon but i can' t find the thing, gonna look through one of the service manuals tonight to try and find the location, even tried looking underneath the bumper but cannot see anything as i have a towbar, i'm not even sure what the module looks like.

The module is in the boot behind the wheel arch trim above the battery.
You need to remove the trim to find it.

jack

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Managed to find the park assist module but all the wires and connections look ok, even disconnected the multiplug and re connected but still dead, i'll ask petman at next weeks meet to check for any codes.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
If you unplug your module and plug it into another car or try one from another car, it might be a quick way to confirm if the unit is faulty for as long as the part numbers are the same. It won't rule out a series of faulty sensors though, usually sensors are first to go :yup:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Its a bit of a pain to get to so i can't see anybody volunteering to take theirs out to be honest, i'll see if petman gets me any codes next week, i may try fleabay or a breakers to see if i can get a replacement module, failing that its down to the local pet shop for a couple of little kittens to fix to the bumper, they squeak when you've backed up too far:eek:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
It would be at least worth checking supply to module and each detectors continuity and insulation to chassis.
Could also check for voltages on Can-Bus connections on module. Should be some sensible low DC voltage on each pin (About 2.4Volts if I remember right).

I assume you have access to wiring diagrams. I could dig some out and post if you don't have them but don't want to waste my time if you've got access to manual.

Jack

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks Jack, i have a downloaded manual on my laptop so i'll take a look, do you think it would be possible to use the existing sensors on an after market setup if it turned out the module was dead?

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Doubt it very much bud, remember its on the canbus too, its another level.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Thanks Jack, i have a downloaded manual on my laptop so i'll take a look, do you think it would be possible to use the existing sensors on an after market setup if it turned out the module was dead?

As Badgx says. No chance at all of using existing detectors on an aftermarket module.

I have dug this attached layout of pinouts on Module which saves searching through drawings.
It would be worthwhile to at least check the 12V supply, the Canbus 2.4Volts and make sure the chassis connection has zero volts on it and has continuity to chassis.

Then disconnect all 4 sensors, compare continuity of sensors and check there is no continuity to chassis on a any sensor pin)

As a last resort I would even try disconnecting all 4 sensors and power it up without the sensors plugged in to see what happens. (I'm sure it wont damage the module running with no sensors connected, modern electronics are well designed to protect against that type of damage now)

A dealer would know in seconds if the module was recognised on the system with their Starscan but at an hour labour.

An oscilloscope would do a similar job but checking for 2.4V on the CanBus would prove that no wires are O/C on the Bus.

Jack

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello
i recently bought 07 300c and the parking assist doesn't work
i have a code saying lost 'lost communication with parking assist control module'
im not sure if its the module is bad or some wiring is bad
the car has a little messed up rear bumper but i dont think it will cause the sensor to get damage

21 - 31 of 31 Posts