Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
upstate said:
Is this avaiable only from the factory? If its dealer installed is it the same as factory (U-connect is not)?
I believe that it is a factory install. The sensors react to a person walking close past the rear of your car. It also reacts to tell a driver about the presence of a high curb. I don't back into my parking spaces but, I will have it on my ordered C. Nice feature for the money.

·
Registered
365 Posts
StCassel said:
I believe that it is a factory install. The sensors react to a person walking close past the rear of your car. It also reacts to tell a driver about the presence of a high curb. I don't back into my parking spaces but, I will have it on my ordered C. Nice feature for the money.
That unit works best on stable, static items such as car bumpers and curbs, etc. Though it might work on a person walking behind, that is not its intent.

The 300 park distance sensors are available as an add-on item. For example, go to:

http://www.leeauto.com/parts/300.html#exterior

Price listed is $299 there (with some restrictions you need to read). And remember to shop around, there are discount Mopar parts places such as:

http://www.moparsupercenter.com

and others.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It works pretty good on people. When I was sitting in my driveway with my foot on the brake and the trans in reverse, my wife got out to get the mail out of the mailbox and as she walked back up the driveway, the sensor went off. As she got closer, the beeps got shorter. And no, she is not large. :p

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I tested it against a big wheel kids toy and it was sporadic at best DO NOT DEPEND ON THIS TO KEEP YOU FROM BACKING OVER A CHILD. A rear camera would work well in this capacity, my buddy's GX 470 has the camera which offers amazing views but is poor for parking. He backed into a pile of mulch thinking it was several feet away and wishes he had park assist as well as the camera. The 300C sonar is an excellent parking tool when tested against my Jeep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts