Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2008 CRD, and have the usual issue of the rubber fuel pipes weeping, so want to replace them all. Had them done not long after I had the car just using some standard fuel pipe, but ideally I'd like to get the genuine article pipes (provided they're not too dear!)

What I need is the part numbers for the two small rubber pipes near the alternator, the two small rubber pipes going to the fuel filter, and also the large pipe that runs from the front of the engine out back (I believe it's the one leading to the high pressure pump). I'd also like to know if the same pipes are used on any Mercedes models, and if so the Merc part numbers as well. I've found some on Ebay, but no-one seems to know if they're the right ones, and the parts manual serves only to confuse as I can't find any mention of the pipe leading to the HP pump!

Cheers

JD

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Cheers KB, but for some reason I can't find the longer hose that runs from the fuel filter to the HP pump. Looking at the parts manual I can see the HP pump itself, but no mention of this hose!

I have a Merc part number, well a couple - 642 070 16 81, A642 070 02 81 and A642 070 02 77 - does anyone know if these are the same for the C?

EDIT: Yes, the above part numbers are correct :)

Cheers

JD

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,823 Posts
You can't assume anything with these engines. I once tried to buy a filter from an MB dealer and for what was ostensibly the same engine, I was offered a range of options, none of which seemed right, so I came away empty handed. Some filter bowls incorporated water level sensors and/or drain taps and I don't think the fuel pipes were all the same.

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
just buy the proper part. These cars were made in Austria in the same factory (Magna Steyr, in Graz, not in a Chrysler factory), as the one knocking out similar MB cars, so the bits will come from the same sub contractor anyway. Since ALL CRDs were only made at the Austrian plant theres no chance that another plant Chrysler produced a part that was sub standard....if other words, if the "Chrysler" fuel pipe is a pile of dung, the "Mercedes" part is very unlikely to be any better

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/uk-europe-regional-forum/82356-magna-steyr.html

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KB,

I'm not buying the Merc parts as I think they may be better quality, I'm buying them because I can't find the Chrysler part number or any reference to it in the spares manual. I've looked closely and it appears to be the same, but I've ordered it now so will find out soon. Just need to book in with Ray at Stafford to get it swapped over, along with the other rubber pipes which are looking a little tired.

Cheers

JD

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
ahhh right, wrong end of the stick, sorry

in the manual there are only the pipes I've shown, and some that live on the sAME PAGE AS THE FUEL TANK....IS IT THOSE YOU NEED? I ask because I dont have a CRD so your written description of their orientation/destination doesnt mean much to me

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yep, it was the right pipe - fits like a glove :) Apparently the old one had started to split, so I got it changed in time, might be worth anyone else with a CRD to check it out....

Cheers to Ray for doing the work on Saturday, a pleasure as always :)

JD

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
No probs, that's what I do.......Oh,and that genuine MB pipe had an armoured cover over it where as the Chrysler pipe just had a rubber bung thing to stop it chaffing

Reactions: esgyrndafydd

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have the part number for the top fuel hose running from the bulkhead across the engine to the hp pump at the front of the block?

My CRD decided to spew out £40's worth of diesel on my way home tonight. I say home, after a few hairy corners since the diesel soaked the tyres, I'm currently sat in sainsbury carpark waiting for the RAC. 😵‍💫

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts