Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Parts Catalogue (includes links to both parts & service manuals)

54K views 58 replies 27 participants last post by  DGO 
#1 ·
I've had an idea, what does anyone else think? Or has it already been done?

As there are quite a few of us who mend our own cars rather than sending them to the dealers, between us we could have quite a library of part numbers specific to if most commonly replaced parts and vehicle years.
Rather than a member posting a request for a part number and then waiting for a reply (it may be urgent) what about us posting the ones we have along with the cost and any additional info such as an aftermarket alternative. If this was made into a sticky, members would only have to search the database to find out what they need to know.

Comments?
Sent from my HTC Desire S using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
Liking it:bigok:

#8 ·
Would that need input from a mod? I'll make a start mid week on my days off with the stuff I've bought and hopefully someone can assist by organising it into a useful form that others can contribute to and use.

#10 ·
you could run it in a google share doc and use an excel spreadsheet with columns you can then "invite" people to be able to see it and then anyone at any moment can update it with their own info adding stuff as they go.
saves one person being stuck with it or worse, dissapears with it.

you can have columns for the original part number then follow with alternate info on equivalents.

prices are a hard thing as they change so often.

what it is very good for is the parts that arent standard. the wheel nuts etc that people keep asking about

to share it you do need people that have some knowledge of excel though

#13 ·
Depends which way it goes ... I like the idea of Google Docs as it handles version controlling very well AND you will easily be able to view offline which is useful (if your garage is too far away to get your home Wi-Fi!). Link to a How-To would also be nice, or do's and dont's for each service item.

#14 ·
not slating the idea.....but why not just download the Chrysler manual which lists all the parts numbers on the diagram? They even have an LE book for our right hookers. That way you get the common part numbers and the obscure ones..... & its free .... this is for all 2008 models, including diesel & SRT8 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23809418/2008LEParts.pdf Other years are available too, but this one is identical for 99% of stuff (barring the facelifted bits)

#16 ·
#17 ·
I have a problem with the dropbox link Bill,says there's a problem and will close down????

#18 ·
I just tried the link & it works ok as far as I can see.......anyone else had a go yet?

It immediately goes into downloading 11.2mb when I click it, so I'm puzzled.... I've also just tried the dropbox link in my earlier post too.....11.89mb without a hiccup :dunno:

does it make any attempt to download for you? Have you tried a download manager (eg "free download manager" http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm )

#19 ·
Worked for me Bill, even on the phone. Does this mean that we don't need to start uploading our own part numbers now?

#20 · (Edited)
I bought a CD off t'Bay with all the manuals, if anyone wants any of them let me know. This is what I got on the CD.

There's also a website-style application with links etc. but PDF is easier to distro.

#33 ·
Is there such a thing as an owners manual or operators handbook or whatever for the Touring? Every one I've seen seems to be for the saloon only.

#28 ·
Hi Fialo

:Eyecrazy: Wonderfull :)

I have a 2007 diesel, and often have trouble finding the right parts. I guess its the 2008 le (european) Parts that will do the trick :)

:)
Bo
I originally bought the CD and thought it had 2007, but it doesn't. For servicing I use the 2006 guide and 2008 European for parts. I guess as long as you get either facelift/non-facelift you should be good (for engine anyway).

#24 ·
Might be a daft question, but how do I find out if I have an LE, LX or LUX version?

#26 ·
Might be a daft question, but how do I find out if I have an LE, LX or LUX version?

theoretically, all export cars are LE. LX are North American versions. This relates to the chassis/floorpan type of the car. Thus Chargers, Magnums & 300 cars are LX (or LE over here), whereas a Challenger isnt, (even though its almost identical)

Lux is a trim level, as is 'touring' (either the US v6, or our estates), as is 'heritage' etc

Youre confusing two different things!

#25 ·
The LUX pack has sat nav and a sunroof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.