Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The button right below the clock has decided to illuminate letting me know the passenger side air bag isn't on, the manual says take it to a dealer.

I think its a ploy to get me into the dealer so they can hose me on something else. Does anyone know how I get this illumination to go away without unplugging it? I do want that airbag to work, heaven forbid I ever need it.

How does this light just all the sudden come on, I have done nothing at all to the car?

I'm in the red on my gas gauge, I didn't realize until this morning and at about the same time this airbag light came on, is this coincidence or related I wonder?

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had the same problem when i first got mine. I took it to the dealer and they said something about the wiring underneath the seat was off and they took care of it at no charge.

·
Registered
613 Posts
do u have a bag or books on the seat? Maybe u were resting your arm on it. The light will come on if it senses between 1 and 40 lbs on the seat.

·
Registered
631 Posts
95% of the time the issue is just that the sensor needs to be re-calibrated, it should take about 15 minutes. There were other problems on earlier 05 models in which the wiring harness was defective and that needed to be replaced. It took over 6 months for my dealer to track that down for me a couple of years ago. If only the amber light telling you it is disabled is on without the RED indicator light on the main dash cluster, most likely its just a calibration issue. If both lights are on, there is something else wrong. I don't think this is anyway related to your gas level being low.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright JDiddy your starting to scare me, you know to much about the 300 lol

I had my laptop case on the seat it weighs about 25 pounds on the way to work, normally its in the back.

When I drove home it was in the back seat, and no more light was on.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Alright JDiddy your starting to scare me, you know to much about the 300 lol

I had my laptop case on the seat it weighs about 25 pounds on the way to work, normally its in the back.

When I drove home it was in the back seat, and no more light was on.

Thanks!!!
Not a good place for a laptop to be riding anyway. Under hard braking it could windup on the floor in less than perfect condition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is on unless someone is in the seat. I have had the seat calibrated three times now at the dealer. the module was replaced and the seat calibrated. what should be my next step?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts