Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have Passenger Airbag Disabled light problems?

Starting about 3 weeks ago just after LEAVING my dealer (about 16K mi), my Passenger Airbag Disabled light has been coming on with both no weight in the seat and with my fiancee in the seat. It should only come on when there's a weight of between 10-50 lbs, I believe.

I know there's an info TSB that affects cars built after 12-05 with a new style seat sensor stating that the light is now insignificant, but mine is a 02-05 build and if the light is on, the system is off and I will NOT drive with my fiancee in the car while her airbag is disabled.

Brought it back to the dealer two weeks ago who said it was not calibrated and they had to calibrate the seat sensors with what they called a "Butt-Dyno" adding weight in 5 lb increments for a certain amount of time. It worked for about 2 days and has been a problem about every other day since.

Last night coming home from a wonderful Valentines Day dinner with Rosanna, the light came on when I started the car. I had to shut it off and restart it about 10 times to get the car to run with the airbag enabled. I was so embarrassed both with Rosanna and with all the people that saw and wondered why this sharp classy looking car had such problems. I had to do this.

Lately between this and my phatom wiper sweeps, I am more and more embarassed by my car and this should be a problem to DCX or at the very least, my dealer. Most of my co-workers who originally "ooohed and ahhhed " when I bought the car are now laughing and making cracks like "You paid HOW much for that??" Sadly, I'm beginning to agree with them. Especially after last night.

GOD help DCX if we're ever in an accident and her airbag doesn't deploy!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
i had the same problem when i got my preowned C. all they did was recalibrate the sensor in the seat and havent had a problem since. so either that will be the fix or maybe the sensor has gone bad. hope that helps

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I'll bring her in AGAIN and let them fix it. It gets real embarassing and annoying, not to mention being a safety issue!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Bob,

I don't have the answers for you but I certainly agree that the airbag is an important safety feature to be concerned over. The only intermittent wiper problem I experience is the arms making a swipe over the windshield when I signal with the turn indicator. That particularly bothers me when the weather is dry and the windshield is somewhat dirty.

Regardless, I don't think your issues should be the subject of ridicule by your co-workers because they certainly have nothing to do with diminishing the overall performance of this awesome vehicle.

Keep us posted on the repair.
bruno

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bruno said:
Bob,

I don't have the answers for you but I certainly agree that the airbag is an important safety feature to be concerned over. The only intermittent wiper problem I experience is the arms making a swipe over the windshield when I signal with the turn indicator. That particularly bothers me when the weather is dry and the windshield is somewhat dirty.

Regardless, I don't think your issues should be the subject of ridicule by your co-workers because they certainly have nothing to do with diminishing the overall performance of this awesome vehicle.

Keep us posted on the repair.
bruno
Thanks, Bruno. Yep, that's the wipe issue that I have and it's embarassing and I don't like dry wiping the windshield either.

Oh, I already told them I'd race them with wipers on at full bore...LOL. I do seem to have more than my share of the "little things", but I still love the car. Actually they're more concerned (as am I) with my dealership's lack of concern. Besides, they're all just jealous and want to find any fault they can!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
BobCav said:
Thanks, Bruno. Yep, that's the wipe issue that I have and it's embarassing and I don't like dry wiping the windshield either.

Oh, I already told them I'd race them with wipers on at full bore...LOL. I do seem to have more than my share of the "little things", but I still love the car. Actually they're more concerned (as am I) with my dealership's lack of concern. Besides, they're all just jealous and want to find any fault they can!
You bet! Invite them to bring it on. :arms: Don't know why this car provokes jealousy on the part of non-owners.

bruno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts