Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 300C with powered passenger seat (which you all have)that does not go back as far as the drivers seat and interferes or limits the amount of space one has for entering or exiting the vehicle. The power controls are operating ok, but the seat just doesn't go back far enough. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't know if this is normal or not? If it is, it surely is a design fault in my book. Be interested what you all think, thanks.

Ken

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never noticed the passenger seat does not go back as far, but I did notice the rear floor mats are different sizes on my car, and the passenger side is larger. This makes more sense to me now.

·
Registered
396 Posts
1969440RT said:
Never noticed the passenger seat does not go back as far, but I did notice the rear floor mats are different sizes on my car, and the passenger side is larger. This makes more sense to me now.
I remember when I received my new floor mats last week, I thought some one screw up because the rear mats were different sizes until I saw the mats in the car are different sizes, thats what happens when you jump to conclusions. Sorry for straying from the original topic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1969440RT said:
I never noticed the floor mat difference, will have to check that out too.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah... they are different.

But have not noticed that the seats don't go back as far... I'll have to check that next time.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
My wife recently made the comment that the passenger seat doesn't go back far enough. I've also noticed it recently and didn't think that it used to be that way. I pushed the seats forward and measured from the back of the track to the back of the footwell and they measure the same on both sides. Although when I push both seats to the furthest rearward position set at the same height and lumbar position, the driver's seat goes back a full 3 inches more than the passenger seat. Also, when pushed to the most forward position, the difference is still 3 inches, with the passenger seat only 2 inches from the dash. This leads me to believe that the track attached to the seat is set 3 inches further back on the passenger seat, not allowing it to go back very far and yet allowing it to almost touch the dash. Something doesn't seem right about this. :thumbsdow Has anybody else noticed a discrepency this large in their seat adjustments? Is it possible that over time the passenger seat has slipped forward on the track it is attached too? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Something doesn't seem right about this. :thumbsdow Has anybody else noticed a discrepency this large in their seat adjustments? Is it possible that over time the passenger seat has slipped forward on the track it is attached too? Any input would be appreciated.
I never notice this, but I do like the fact that I can roll the front seat all the way forward and crank the seat back mostly flat, tip down one side of the split seats in the back and be able to haul really long things (like door moldings for my house that I needed to replace) - up to around 10 feet and lay pretty much flat.

CMIUC :burnout:

·
Banned
2,887 Posts
lower your passenger seat, when you raise the seat it also moves forward.

move the seat forward about 3 inches, raise it all the way up, then lower it all the way down then move it back and it should realign with the drivers seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts