Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going crazy over here trying to find info on the PCM and what all the pins are for, like specifically the EGR sensor?! I have the service manual, over 7000 pages, and I've looked up everything that could remotely give me an answer but there's nothing there. The manual gives nice diagrams of the components and the pins but I can't read that. The PCM has 3 clusters of wires so which one carries the EGR wire? and which pin is it? Does the service manual have a page where it explains how to read all that stuff? I know it thoroughly explains everything else even all the wiring diagrams but I can't find anything about how to read the pin diagrams, orange, black, gray and which is which going to and from the PCM.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'm going crazy over here trying to find info on the PCM and what all the pins are for, like specifically the EGR sensor?! I have the service manual, over 7000 pages, and I've looked up everything that could remotely give me an answer but there's nothing there. The manual gives nice diagrams of the components and the pins but I can't read that. The PCM has 3 clusters of wires so which one carries the EGR wire? and which pin is it? Does the service manual have a page where it explains how to read all that stuff? I know it thoroughly explains everything else even all the wiring diagrams but I can't find anything about how to read the pin diagrams, orange, black, gray and which is which going to and from the PCM.
What make, model and year? There re Mopar connector pinouts if you do a Google search. Bob.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I find the manual terrible - not how I would write it, but.....

If you need the wiring - The manual I have - go to 8W - 02 (wiring index), and that says "Module, Powertrain control - 8W30 - 31." (If your manual is on different pages; the index flow should be the same convention.)

That gives you rafts of cct diags to follow.

8W30 - 14 clearly shows the EGR connections - 5 of them at the EGR, and 4 of them to the PCM via two plugs (C1/C2). EGR has (according to diag) 4 lines going to PCM, one to earth return.

Actual socket connections are at "Connector pin outs" at 8W - 80. THAT has every plug, just scroll down.

8W - 80 pages 110,111,112,113 have PCM plugs C1, C2, C3, C4 and plug connections.

According to that, (page 111); C2 pin 22 is "K34 20DB/LG (except SRT8) EGR signal". C2 pin 8 is EGR sol Control. The other connections are all there; but don't have "EGR" in their descriptor; so is easier to use 8W30 - 14 and see what the EGR connections are called/which pins - go to the connector pin diag and find.

Hope that helps, can take screen shot if you still cannot find.

Ken H

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find the manual terrible - not how I would write it, but.....

If you need the wiring - The manual I have - go to 8W - 02 (wiring index), and that says "Module, Powertrain control - 8W30 - 31." (If your manual is on different pages; the index flow should be the same convention.)

That gives you rafts of cct diags to follow.

8W30 - 14 clearly shows the EGR connections - 5 of them at the EGR, and 4 of them to the PCM via two plugs (C1/C2). EGR has (according to diag) 4 lines going to PCM, one to earth return.

Actual socket connections are at "Connector pin outs" at 8W - 80. THAT has every plug, just scroll down.

8W - 80 pages 110,111,112,113 have PCM plugs C1, C2, C3, C4 and plug connections.

According to that, (page 111); C2 pin 22 is "K34 20DB/LG (except SRT8) EGR signal". C2 pin 8 is EGR sol Control. The other connections are all there; but don't have "EGR" in their descriptor; so is easier to use 8W30 - 14 and see what the EGR connections are called/which pins - go to the connector pin diag and find.

Hope that helps, can take screen shot if you still cannot find.

Ken H
Thank you Ken, the 8W 30 info helped a lot and was the same as my manual. For some reason in my manual 8W 80 pages 110-113 shows washer fluid sensor pin outs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thank you Ken, the 8W 30 info helped a lot and was the same as my manual. For some reason in my manual 8W 80 pages 110-113 shows washer fluid sensor pin outs.
Ok. Did you sort it out, or still need them? Or did you just find C1 - C4 on different pages???

If our manuals are different (one has added info) makes sense that the index could still be similar; but added componentry on one could add more diagrams, thus change the sequence/stretch the listings out. But the plug listings will be there somewhere.

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Did you sort it out, or still need them? Or did you just find C1 - C4 on different pages???

If our manuals are different (one has added info) makes sense that the index could still be similar; but added componentry on one could add more diagrams, thus change the sequence/stretch the listings out. But the plug listings will be there somewhere.

:)
I actually still need those pages 8W 80 110-113 or C 1-4 if it’s not too much trouble. You know it’s that P0406 code and I’ve already replaced the EGR valve with a brand new one, and I know you’re going to say I should’ve checked the wiring first before buying a new valve but it needed to be replaced anyways and I was trying to avoid electrical stuff because I don’t know anything about it. 🙁 Anyways man thanks again for your help and enjoy your weekend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok mate, will try and attach pages by PDF; if can't will screenshot.

PDF can be funny; so let me know if it gets through/opens. If not = screenshot; but this is better if we can, as screenshot smaller/harder to read.

Here is the 8W 30 - 14; use that to get the pin numbers of each of the 5 EGR connectors and trace back to which PCM plug and their names. (Like I said, 2 say "EGR" but others have generic names used elsewhere; so need to identify and check back with actual plug pin/socket pic).

The 8W 30 - 14 is followed by 110 - 113 so can find.

Hope that helps.

Cheers mate, and good luck.

Ken H

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok mate, will try and attach pages by PDF; if can't will screenshot.

PDF can be funny; so let me know if it gets through/opens. If not = screenshot; but this is better if we can, as screenshot smaller/harder to read.

Here is the 8W 30 - 14; use that to get the pin numbers of each of the 5 EGR connectors and trace back to which PCM plug and their names. (Like I said, 2 say "EGR" but others have generic names used elsewhere; so need to identify and check back with actual plug pin/socket pic).

The 8W 30 - 14 is followed by 110 - 113 so can find.

Hope that helps.

Cheers mate, and good luck.

Ken H
Well mate it went through but didn’t open. So I’m thinking that the info your trying to send me isn’t located on those pages in my manual but it’s gotta be somewhere in there. What exactly is it called and I’ll try looking it up, or if a screen shot is easier for you than of course that’s cool too.
Cheers dude!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Well mate it went through but didn’t open. So I’m thinking that the info your trying to send me isn’t located on those pages in my manual but it’s gotta be somewhere in there. What exactly is it called and I’ll try looking it up, or if a screen shot is easier for you than of course that’s cool too.
Cheers dude!!
Opened OK for me. Looked good. Bob.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry, I think you would have to use Adobe PDF driver to open.

Try and download; although on my phone (I am on laptop now); pdf's just open on phone without the driver?

Anyway, will try and download screenshots later, have to go out now and only just saw this.

Ken H

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cheers dude!!
Here are screenshots for C1 and C2.

Just be super careful. If your manual is different, your CAR could be different, so double check/use info carefully.

The resolution for the C2 on a screenshot shrunk enough to fit in full page is too small to read, so I have taken screenshots of EGR part of wiring diagram (details names of signals/connector pins), and C1 and C2. I have then split C2 page into 2 halves that should be big enough to read.

NOTE that I am doing this on a laptop. If doing on a phone, obviously need to zoom.

Best just to try on a laptop (can zoom better) or just print A4.

Let me know how they come through.

Ken H

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are screenshots for C1 and C2.

Just be super careful. If your manual is different, your CAR could be different, so double check/use info carefully.

The resolution for the C2 on a screenshot shrunk enough to fit in full page is too small to read, so I have taken screenshots of EGR part of wiring diagram (details names of signals/connector pins), and C1 and C2. I have then split C2 page into 2 halves that should be big enough to read.

NOTE that I am doing this on a laptop. If doing on a phone, obviously need to zoom.

Best just to try on a laptop (can zoom better) or just print A4.

Let me know how they come through.

Ken H
Got it and printed them. Thanks mate! 😃🙏

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure if this helps now, but this is a handy link to have when installing or diagnosing problems. Just put in your year and model and you can find the connector. It gives you the wiring colors and their function.

Mopar Connection Repair Kit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts