Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 chrysler 300C 5.7L, with a PCM problem.

I'm looking into getting one from a junkyard, and getting it programmed.
My original PCM part number is P68052002AC, I found one that is P68052005AC, from a 2010 dodge charger 5.7L.

Is this a compatible part? What would be the easiest / most cost affective way to flash it. Can I use a standard J2534 Cable and a 1 day subscription to Tech Authority?

And advice would be awsome!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
First, what is the problem with the current PCM? Are you sure it's not fixable? Second, yes, I am almost positive that the Charger PCM will work fine in yours, especially since they're the same engine and same chassis/drive train. You will have to program your VIN and PCM mileage into the new one though. A higher quality scan tool or HP Tuner will allow you to do this. Then just drive it for a while and see how you like it. Between the two, there is probably just a few minor differences in programming. If you don't like it, pick up a handheld tuner and have at it.

On my 06 5.7 Jeep, I installed an 08 PCM/TCM (all one unit on the Jeep), using one that was equipped almost exactly like mine. With it, I was able to convert the 5 speed transmission into a 6 speed and use the same engine tune I use in my 5.7 LX. In the stock 06 Jeep, there was no way to access the "6th" gear except on a forced down shift. Using an HP Tuner, I was able to insert the 6th gear (which was the old 2 Prime) into the normal shift schedule between 2nd and 3rd. Huge difference on the ~700 lb. heavier than an LX vehicle. I wish I had that option on my 05 5.7 Maggie.

Reactions: Dr. House

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, what is the problem with the current PCM? Are you sure it's not fixable? Second, yes, I am almost positive that the Charger PCM will work fine in yours, especially since they're the same engine and same chassis/drive train. You will have to program your VIN and PCM mileage into the new one though. A higher quality scan tool or HP Tuner will allow you to do this. Then just drive it for a while and see how you like it. Between the two, there is probably just a few minor differences in programming. If you don't like it, pick up a handheld tuner and have at it.

On my 06 5.7 Jeep, I installed an 08 PCM/TCM (all one unit on the Jeep), using one that was equipped almost exactly like mine. With it, I was able to convert the 5 speed transmission into a 6 speed and use the same engine tune I use in my 5.7 LX. In the stock 06 Jeep, there was no way to access the "6th" gear except on a forced down shift. Using an HP Tuner, I was able to insert the 6th gear (which was the old 2 Prime) into the normal shift schedule between 2nd and 3rd. Huge difference on the ~700 lb. heavier than an LX vehicle. I wish I had that option on my 05 5.7 Maggie.
Hello, I have been having many issues, not charging, stalling when starting, and now not starting with P6085. I have checked everything, I know it's the PCM.

I just got a used PCM from a 2010 Dodge Charger 5.7L. I heard all I have to do is get the VIN updated to match my car, and after that it should work fine.

Any idea what would be the cheapest way to get the VIN changed on thr new PCM?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or more specifically, what would be a scan tool that is capable of changing VIN and updating milage? I keep finding conflicting information online.

Would something like Openport 2.0 work?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Most advanced scanners have this capability. Personally, I have an Autel MS906BT and it works fine for this and a whole lot more.

Reactions: Dr. House

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most advanced scanners have this capability. Personally, I have an Autel MS906BT and it works fine for this and a whole lot more.
Awsome, good to know. I just ordered an OBDlink Mx+, and paid for the alfaOBD app as well.

I've heard it's a pretty powerful tool, and habe seen people writing the vin with the OBDLink Mx+ and alfaOBD together.

I'll report back when I get my dongle, and report any problems, or hopefully some success!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts