Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,121 Posts
First, what is the problem with the current PCM? Are you sure it's not fixable? Second, yes, I am almost positive that the Charger PCM will work fine in yours, especially since they're the same engine and same chassis/drive train. You will have to program your VIN and PCM mileage into the new one though. A higher quality scan tool or HP Tuner will allow you to do this. Then just drive it for a while and see how you like it. Between the two, there is probably just a few minor differences in programming. If you don't like it, pick up a handheld tuner and have at it.

On my 06 5.7 Jeep, I installed an 08 PCM/TCM (all one unit on the Jeep), using one that was equipped almost exactly like mine. With it, I was able to convert the 5 speed transmission into a 6 speed and use the same engine tune I use in my 5.7 LX. In the stock 06 Jeep, there was no way to access the "6th" gear except on a forced down shift. Using an HP Tuner, I was able to insert the 6th gear (which was the old 2 Prime) into the normal shift schedule between 2nd and 3rd. Huge difference on the ~700 lb. heavier than an LX vehicle. I wish I had that option on my 05 5.7 Maggie.

Reactions: Dr. House

· Registered
1,121 Posts
Most advanced scanners have this capability. Personally, I have an Autel MS906BT and it works fine for this and a whole lot more.

Reactions: Dr. House
1 - 2 of 2 Posts