Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, thought I would post this thread from a 300C member. I spoke to George about his car, and with his concerns we started with just a couple upgrades. His main issue was the fact that the steering wheel would move so much in his hands when he went over rough road. (Bump Steer, which is noticed in many 300C and LX family of cars). We went with a very modest upgrade the Bump Steer kit ($82.00) and the Front Radius Rod Bushes ($157 / Pair) and htis made a very nice difference for him. Read his post and call me with questions!

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/su...s/59961-bump-steer-kit-first-impressions.html

Lil blurb about Bump Steer (thank you Wikipedia)

Bump Steer is the term for the tendency of a wheel to steer as it moves upwards into jounce. It is typically measured in degrees per metre or degrees per foot.

On modern cars the front of the tire moves outwards, as the suspension is raised, a process known as the front wheels "toeing out". This gives roll understeer. The rear suspension is usually set up to minimise bump steer, where possible.

A typical value is two degrees per metre, or perhaps more, for the front wheels.

Excessive bump steer increases tire wear and makes the vehicle more difficult to handle on rough roads.

Just a note, this kit is under $82.00 and can be installed at your local Pedders Dealer, your Chrysler dealer, and by many of you with tools at home!

Call Paul with any questions about this kit paired with the Front Radius Rod Bushes, and or shocks and springs to lower your LX and make it more fun to drive and even more comfortable that stock!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
don't use me as an example for install time because I went to my local
chrysler dealer, who insisted on keeping the car for a day. They are
not used to removing bushings only and I had the tension rod bushings
replaced as well. They replace the whole assembly, so they had to
make sure they had all of the tools necessary.

normally, my understanding is the bump steer bushings take a couple
hours?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it should be 3 hours for the Rad rod and bump steer both together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts